Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
for a 2011 at least its :
High and Low Beam Headlight Bulb Size: H13 (9008)
Parking Light Bulb Size: 7444NA
Front Turn Signal Light Bulb Size: 7444NA
Rear Turn Signal Light Bulb Size: 992 (7440A)
Tail Light Bulb Size: 3057
Stop Light Bulb Size: 3057
High Mount Stop Light Bulb Size: Assembly
License Plate Light Bulb Size: 168
Back Up Light Bulb Size: 3057
Front Side Marker Light Bulb Size: 194
Rear Side Marker Light Bulb Size: 194
Glove Box Light Bulb Size: 175
Map Light Bulb Size: 2825
Dome Light Bulb Size: 2825
Step/Courtesy Light Bulb Size: 7065
Trunk/Cargo Area Light Bulb Size: 175

but id recommend doing a search on the forum theres a lot of info thats "hidden" away... search bar is near top right on forum

Reactions: Starks8

·
Registered
444 Posts
i used an ultra white i found on amazon, i light the ultra white look but there are blue leds out there for the trunk light id check amazon for the best deals. its a 168 size but i believe 194 will work as well. just do a amazon search for blue led 168 , or blue led 194. do the 168 obviously first and see what it brings up. Ik you said blueish i dont know if there is a blueish one ive seen ultra white, and just blue. Be careful getting blue lights anywhere on your vehicle as some cops dont like it very much hah. I have blue glowtie on the back and blue lightning eye led strips on the front under my headlights i like blue. :wub:

·
Registered
444 Posts
im very satisfied with the leds i purchased for the license plate lights, i got them from pepboys locally for like 10 bucks or something, their cheaper on amazon im just impaitent.

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
Proper silicon purification, doping has to be very precise, chip has to be passivated to isolate it from the environment, the integrity of the ultrasonic welding to the anode as well as the bond to the cathode, plus the termination of the output leads. A lot can go wrong in the manufacturer of LED's and China is doing a great job of doing things wrong.

Thought my bulb problems would be history with LED Christmas bulbs, even a wore nightmare, plus additional problems with the constant current source required for these things. Heat dissipation is another problem dealing with a micro sized chip, then an entire bank of these things in series to produce an adequate light source. One goes bad, lose the whole thing.

After eight years, and 120K miles on my 04 Cavalier, had to replace the four directional signal incandescent bulbs and head lamps for under 14 bucks. Think I will stick with incandescents, still cheaper and more reliable.

Another bulb given me fits are these CFL's, lie like crazy for life, can't return them to the store, have to return them paying a huge shipping charge. 100W equivalents don't even last six months, in the garage, takes them ten minutes to warm up before you get any usable light. Can't dim the damned things.

Added a resistor to the dimmer of an incandescent spot light over my sink to slightly reduce the voltage, so far its lasted over 28 years.

Maybe if LED's and CFL's were made here, wouldn't have a problem, have LED's over 40 years old still working well. Did purchase an LED lamp for my bike, only lasted a month. You want problems, we have problems.

·
Premium Member
6,917 Posts
Another bulb given me fits are these CFL's, lie like crazy for life, can't return them to the store, have to return them paying a huge shipping charge. 100W equivalents don't even last six months, in the garage, takes them ten minutes to warm up before you get any usable light. Can't dim the damned things.

Maybe if LED's and CFL's were made here, wouldn't have a problem, have LED's over 40 years old still working well. Did purchase an LED lamp for my bike, only lasted a month. You want problems, we have problems.
I replaced all my house lighting with LED a couple years back, I have not had any failures. I love how there is no warm up period like CFLs. You should check out Phillips L-prize bulbs for your house, they are assembled in Wisconsin & allot of the parts are made in the USA. I have taken one apart & its very well made.

Online price is ridiculous, bought them at Christmas time for $29 a piece at the local home depot. 10-Watt (60W) LED A19 Soft White (2700K) Light Bulb (E)* (L Prize Award Winner)-423244 at The Home Depot

EDIT: I should also add that you can get decent LED lighting for the home for allot less, but I like to support local/USA jobs when I can. Plus I figure if the government gave away 10million for the L-prize contest, I better see what they are giving away our money for.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.