Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, 2011 Cruze owner. just got a little personal small safe for times i have to travel with a firearm, or so i can lock my phone/wallet,etc. if i go running, etc.

does any one have any experience with these?
if so, could you share some advice on how/where would be the best place to mount it?
I'm pretty sure i want to keep it in the trunk, so it is out of sight.

I'd also like it out of way. i sometimes put a 4/12 marshall halfstack in the trunk and it takes up all most all of the real estate on the floor. Can it be mounted to the side of the trunk? (This isn't as important. it's not my main rig, I can usually fit all the music gear in cars one way or another. We used to fit so much in the Caprice way back when)

·
Super Moderator
7,794 Posts
No concealed carry in Delaware?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There is, but they're a lot of hoops to get it.

Take the class, get references, put your name in the local paper (seriously), pay the fee. Then it still takes a while to process and it could be denied...

I'm also pretty close to Maryland and New Jersey. I hear Jersey is pretty bad. And Pennsylvania, (which isn't as bad.)

·
10,713 Posts
No body's installed one?
Not publicly, this forum is't "anti gun" but you don't really see folks speak about them much outside of a lordstown trip to range. The Yankee Marshal Installed a safe in his trunk but to his back seat so he could flip it down and not be conspicuous walking outside the car to insert/retrieve it. For me my safe is in the glovebox with a cord for the extremely rare times I can't CCW it. Besides that I'm looking into a trunk mount for my 870.

*Not so Ninja Edit*

TYM video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AnH158grrfY

You happen to have any pics and dimensions of the safe? Tried Google and images came up but this computer blocks anything beyond pics. There was 2 that look like a drawer that could be mounted to the underside of the rear deck.

Also on the jog part, hold onto your keys. I tried the whole less is more approach and the OnStar phone app was down leaving me with my keys locked i the car like a tool. I called them and had them send the signal to unlock the car so it's an option but more than it's worth.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the advice. I think keys works be the only thing I'd take on a jog.

The safe is 11.3 x 6.9 x 2.2 (inches).

It's a mounting bracket that could be bolted (well, they included screws) to the floor of the trunk, or under the rear deck like you said. The safe locks inside the bracket and slides out.

It's probably the same one you saw.

I'm just hesitant to start drilling. I was looking at the preexisting homes under the deck, but don't think I can use therm.

I like the idea of mounting it on the back of the seat, I'd have to play with safe and bracket to see if there's any problems with it in a vertical position like that.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts