Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Cruze LT with 3k miles on it. Has anyone else noticed a bump under the drivers side floorboard when applying the brakes? It does seem to be consistent with the brake calipers, but it seems a bit too hard for this.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm at 13k miles and I have the same bump sensation under driver's side floor. I've noticed it at times when I apply the brake as well as a quick tap to the accelerator. It feels like it may be a cable of some sort that is rocking back and forth and it hits the underside of the floor when it gets enough momentum.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi, I had the same problem and took mine in to the dealer and they found a rock between the brake caliper and the brake pad. I asked how that was possible and they said that this happens more often than one would think.Warranty covered it for me at 30k miles so maybe that is your problem.Worth checking it out.

·
Premium Member
25,596 Posts
Hi, I had the same problem and took mine in to the dealer and they found a rock between the brake caliper and the brake pad. I asked how that was possible and they said that this happens more often than one would think.Warranty covered it for me at 30k miles so maybe that is your problem.Worth checking it out.
In all my years of driving I have had various brake problems but not this one. I've never even heard of a rock getting between the caliper and pad before.

·
Chevrolet Customer Assistance Representative
5,722 Posts
I'm at 13k miles and I have the same bump sensation under driver's side floor. I've noticed it at times when I apply the brake as well as a quick tap to the accelerator. It feels like it may be a cable of some sort that is rocking back and forth and it hits the underside of the floor when it gets enough momentum.

allen1979,
I would suggest that you take your vehicle into your dealer and have them look into this for you. If you would like me to contact your dealer and set your appointment up for you please send me a PM with your name, phone number, VIN, dealer and the days and times that you are available. Either way, please keep me posted on the progress with your dealer. If you have any other questions, comments or concerns please feel free to contact me.
Thank you,
Stacy Chevrolet Customer Service

·
5,722 Posts
I have a Cruze LT with 3k miles on it. Has anyone else noticed a bump under the drivers side floorboard when applying the brakes? It does seem to be consistent with the brake calipers, but it seems a bit too hard for this.

texas_silver_streak,
I would suggest that you have your dealer look into this for you. They are in the best position to get this issue diagnosed. If you have any questions or would like me to contact your dealer for you please send me a PM. Please keep me posted.
Thank you,

·
5,722 Posts
I have this same issue, it doesn't happen when I first apply the brakes, it happens when I'm almost to a complete stop. It started about a week or so ago. I have 11K miles on my Cruze LS.

shaggszgn,
I would suggest that you contact your local dealership and have them look into this for you. They should be able to get this properly diagnosed for you. If you would like to contact your dealer for you please send me a PM with your name, phone number, VIN, dealer and the days and times that you are available. Either way, please keep me posted. If you have any other questions, comments or concerns please feel free to contact me.
Thank you,

·
Registered
412 Posts
I just bought a used 2012 Eco model, with manual trans.. I also get this popping noise from what sounds like, under the drivers seat. It just started yesterday, and doesn't do it all the time.
Mostly happens during breaking, right as the car is fixing to come to a full stop. Car has 20K..

To me, it sounds like someone left a screw driver or a ball laying inside one of the panels below the car. But, its loud, and I can actually feel it in the floor when it happens.

·
5,722 Posts
I just bought a used 2012 Eco model, with manual trans.. I also get this popping noise from what sounds like, under the drivers seat. It just started yesterday, and doesn't do it all the time.
Mostly happens during breaking, right as the car is fixing to come to a full stop. Car has 20K..

To me, it sounds like someone left a screw driver or a ball laying inside one of the panels below the car. But, its loud, and I can actually feel it in the floor when it happens.
Hey newguy99,

If this persists you should definitely get it checked out at your dealer while you are within your warranty. Let us know if they are able to find what is causing this problem.

Amber N.
Chevrolet Customer Care

·
Registered
412 Posts
Hey newguy99,

If this persists you should definitely get it checked out at your dealer while you are within your warranty. Let us know if they are able to find what is causing this problem.

Amber N.
Chevrolet Customer Care

Another quick note about the car.. I bought it at Carmax.. So, they are going to check it out first.. Since I got it from them.. If they can't figure it out, I'll head to a local Chevy Dealer.

I think I got a great deal on it even with this small issue. It drives fine, and everything is working great. A Eco for 16K with just 20K miles.. Not sure it has the prem. Stereo, but it sure sounds good.

·
Premium Member
2,134 Posts
Are these manual or automatic cars? That sounds like a torque converter or trans issue to me, making the car downshift hard. There were also issues with the earlier seats moving a little between the detents, this one is easy to check, just grab the seat and push it forward and backward without pulling the slide handle up, is it move on the track at all that is probably your sound.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Are these manual or automatic cars? That sounds like a torque converter or trans issue to me, making the car downshift hard. There were also issues with the earlier seats moving a little between the detents, this one is easy to check, just grab the seat and push it forward and backward without pulling the slide handle up, is it move on the track at all that is probably your sound.
Mines a Manual Trans.. But, it does have power front driver seat.. The sound always comes from under the seat, and is also noticable feeling in the floorboard.

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
17,541 Posts
I actually got it recorded with my phone today, as I was taking the car, to the car wash.. Its sound only.. so, don't worry about the video... And NO, I did not DROP the phone.

Kinda does sound like your front struts, though I can't entirely tell from either video.

I felt it more of a "bump" coming to a stop at a light with my left foot on the floor on the clutch pedal, or over bumps at low speed.

When was your 2012 built (sticker inside the door)? Cars before the 2012 production year (for instance, my 2012 was built in 2011) were affected by that strut TSB.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Kinda does sound like your front struts, though I can't entirely tell from either video.

I felt it more of a "bump" coming to a stop at a light with my left foot on the floor on the clutch pedal, or over bumps at low speed.

When was your 2012 built (sticker inside the door)? Cars before the 2012 production year (for instance, my 2012 was built in 2011) were affected by that strut TSB.
When I registered it on Chevy's Website, using the VIN, it says there's no recalls for this one. I'll get the sticker date this afternoon and post that for you as well.

But, you can surely hear what I was talking about.. A golfball, screwdriver, or something, that was left under the car during production.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts