Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
803 Posts
That prices sounds about right. I assume they said they'd have to respray the entire bumper so that the repair blends perfect?

If you want to pay cheaper then the level of perfection goes down a few notches. You'll have to decide how good you want it to look. Do you want to be able to get on your hands and knees and look at the spot twelve inches away and see no signs of damage? Then pay up.

Or are you ok with it looking "unnoticeable" if your standing a few feet away? With this option you might be able to get away with doing it yourself with some sanding and touch up paint. Again, it won't be perfect but I think if you take your time and don't rush it you just might be able to make it less noticeable. Doesn't look bigger than the size of a quarter so it should be manageable.

I've got a similar love bump scar on my rear bumper from some lady bumping me in stop/go traffic. Although mine doesn't have a small chunk missing like yours, I've decided to live with it and not bother making this lady pay up. Its only noticeable if you bend over and look close. And NO one does that except me. :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.