Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
I know what you are talking about, the coil pack is burnt on the side of the coil, it's cracked and burnt and cooked, probably smells like an electrical fire. These guys that are trying to help you by saying " I have never heard of a coil pack burning up, it's your spark plugs" or what ever they are saying just shows they are not technicians and probably shotgun parts at cars and hope they fixed it. I have a 2014 Cruze in my shop right now for the exact same problem. We have not figured it out yet but as soon as we do I will post the fix for you and hopefully that will helps.
I'm having the same issue with my son's 2014 1.4T. New plugs. New ignition coil x2. #1 misfire and has blowed the 2nd coil and keeps blowing the 15amp injector fuse. Could a bad injector be the problem? I've also cleaned and reconnected all the ground wires I could find.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hello, everyone been having a problem with the coil pack.2014 Cruze 1.4T. Cylinder 1 keeps missing. Have swapped out two packs already and replace the spark plugs. First time it happens I chalked it to normal wear and tear. 85k miles in car. Did tune up replace plugs and coil pack. (AC Delco). Been driving perfectly fine for almost 3 weeks, and again started missing on cylinder 1. Looks like the pack burned up again. Any advise? Thanks.
My son's 2014 1.4T was doing the same thing..after many coil packs and spark plugs later the problem was the middle connector to the ecm..corrosion shorting #1 causing it to blow. Cleaned it and the inside cap with electrical cleaner and added some electrical grease. Bought a new ignition coil and so far running like new again. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi Mudjeeper,
did you figure out the problem?
i already cleaned the connector like the guy in video said
but my Cruze still blowing the injectors fuse
Yes it was corrosion where the ignition coil, fuel injector harness connects to the ecm on driver's side fender. The middle connector.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I was wondering if this issue was going to be similar to what my brother had to do on his '01 Mustang GT to get it to stop exploding coil number 5 instantly, but it looks like the fix is much, much similar.

His, for reference, required removing the entire engine harness, and then "opening it up" to find the ground wire for coil number 5 (those coils have constant power, and the ECM switches the ground when it is time to discharge) and fixing the short.

View attachment 290326
View attachment 290327
Luckily my son's harness was ok and just the connector had corrosion.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts