Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

Buying a GMC Mylink for my cruze?

1063 Views 3 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  snowwy66
Just curious. Im about to purchase all the items to install mylink in my cruze. If I buy a GMC or Buick MyLink unit, when I start it up, will it show the Chevy emblem or will it still show the emblem from the car I bought it from? :unsure:
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
742 Posts
It'll show the start screen for the car it was originally programmed for. I ran into that when I bought a radio from a Buick Regal for my car. Radio worked, but start screen always showed "Buick Intellink".

The other thing you may run into is even though the radio has the proper wiring plugs for your car, the options may not work if the radio internal programming isnt exactly the same as your current radio. That same Buick radio I had worked on all radio channels, but the bluetooth and backup camera did not work.

· Premium Member
1,202 Posts
Also, the Buick and GMC radios have different control panels. You will need to have someone reprogram the software to make the radio work in the Cruze. The person who programs it for you could probably reprogram it to show the Chevrolet start screen. I think it would be best to get one that came out of Cruze.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.