Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 20 of 221 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
After a trip in the Cruze today I heard a buzzing sound coming from the Cruze, sounded like it was coming from under the hood so I lifted the hood and sure enough thats where it was coming from... could not tell where it was coming from exactly, just knew it was some component in or around the engine. Anybody else experience this?

Should probably mention I have the 1.4 turbo (ECO) and the noise died out after about a minute. Perhaps it was a fan but certainly didnt sound like one.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
You know after actually thinking about this for a minute... obviously this was the fan. Lets pretend this was never posted. I get the douche award for today. We'll just leave it at that.

·
Registered
2012 Chevy Cruze 1.8 (soon to be 1.8t) LS... white
651 Posts
You know after actually thinking about this for a minute... obviously this was the fan. Lets pretend this was never posted. I get the douche award for today. We'll just leave it at that.
LOL, there is a hum that the car makes after the vehicle is shut down. I heard it while washing my car and I thought I was hearing new construction or something in the area, but when I stuck my head down by the engine I could hear it clear as day. I started a thread asking what it is. If I recall correctly, it's the emission systems doing a leak check.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Gfxdave99, you're correct, but in this case, i'm not so sure that he was wrong. I've heard mine do it too, and it definately doesn't sound like the fan!!! what i'm hearing sounds like a hgher pitch noise than the hummm of the fan. but what is it????? - Dan

·
Registered
247 Posts
Gfxdave99, you're correct, but in this case, i'm not so sure that he was wrong. I've heard mine do it too, and it definately doesn't sound like the fan!!! what i'm hearing sounds like a hgher pitch noise than the hummm of the fan. but what is it????? - Dan
I have the same thing, a high pitched noise, NOT a fan. It happens every time I open the hood, doesn't seem to make a difference if the car has been driven or not. It's faint, but noticeable, but goes away after a short time.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have the same issue ... half the time I park my car, I notice the buzz... sounds like an electric buzz of some sort. It starts off pretty quiet and gets louder. Then I get the key in the ignition, turn the car to on without starting, turn off again, and the buzz is gone. Anybody know what this is?

·
Registered
8 Posts
I traced the sound close to the turbo. My theory is that when itis too hot at shutdown an electric pump circulates oil through the turbo to prevent coking, but I'm not sure.

·
Registered
178 Posts
I have heard this too! Sounds like a "tone" (if that makes any sense). I have heard this even when I haven't ran the car. I can just walk into the garage sometimes and it will make that noise.

·
Premium Member
162 Posts
I'm not sure what it is but I do know that it's normal. If I had to guess I'd say it's the theft system in the radio console doing stuff. It seems to do it when the cars off a few minutes/seconds after you close a door.

·
Registered
904 Posts
I haven't heard it, but after reading here I'm going to be listening for it. Maybe the car is whining because you parked it...

·
Registered
335 Posts
My car is also doing it, subscribing to thread, maybe someone will figure out what it is.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Just had this high pitched sound today as well. Never heard anything like it from a car that is off. If it's normal fine but it sure freaked me out.

·
Chevrolet Customer Assistance Representative
5,722 Posts
Just had this high pitched sound today as well. Never heard anything like it from a car that is off. If it's normal fine but it sure freaked me out.

Beaker,
If you believe that this sound may not be normal I would suggest that you contact your local dealership and speak to them about this. They can look into it for you and let you know if it is normal or not. If you have any further questions please feel free to contact me.
Thank you,
Stacy Chevrolet Customer Service

1 - 20 of 221 Posts