Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
[h=2]My 2011 Cruze LS with auto transmission makes this buzzing sound once the ignition key is flicked on. The sound usually goes away after a few seconds before proceeding to crank the engine but lately I realized, I can wait for minutes on end and not hear the sound go away!

Although I manage to start the car without waiting for the buzz to go away, since I don't see any warning lights off the dashboard indicators to warn me not to proceed in cranking the engine anyway, I would like to know exactly where that sound is coming from in the engine bay since I could not locate it on closer inspection under the hood - and also what is causing it.

I am concerned that it could be the fuel pump which definitely will be unsafe to keep running at all times!

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
omieboy[/h]

·
Registered
23 Posts
My 2011 Cruze LS with auto transmission makes this buzzing sound once the ignition key is flicked on. The sound usually goes away after a few seconds before proceeding to crank the engine but lately I realized, I can wait for minutes on end and not hear the sound go away!

Although I manage to start the car without waiting for the buzz to go away, since I don't see any warning lights off the dashboard indicators to warn me not to proceed in cranking the engine anyway, I would like to know exactly where that sound is coming from in the engine bay since I could not locate it on closer inspection under the hood - and also what is causing it.

I am concerned that it could be the fuel pump which definitely will be unsafe to keep running at all times!

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
omieboy
I have a 2012 LT Turbo. Similar situation. I get the noise after i turn the car off. Of course it can not be duplicated at the dealer (lol), they seem to think it's the rad fan staying on which it is clearly not. I managed to take a video of the noise, hood up, car off and making sure to show that the fan is NOT running. I'm taking the car in next week with the video. I will update you with any findings.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I managed to take a photo of the small motor that makes the sound. It is located just in front of the firewall where the power brake booster is. On my Mitsubishi Gallant, it says this booster utilizes engine manifold vacuum and atmospheric pressure to provide assistance to the hydraulically operated brakes. I am attaching the photos below and I certainly am not sure if this small motor has anything to do with the brake system like in the Galant. But it seems like it isn't the fuel thing after all! The motor in the photo is a bit smaller than a demitasse cup. And the buzz coming from it is still there even if the engine is switched of and back on again - giving the obvious impression that it never stops running all the while the engine is! Of course it comes off only after everything is switched off.

Hope you get to post the feedback from your dealers since I can't expect anything from mine here in the Philippines where I'm more liable to get fleeced even for a warranty check.

Thanks.

Auto part
Technology Vehicle Subcompact car Car
Auto part
Auto part Vehicle Fuel line Car

·
Chevrolet Customer Assistance Representative
5,722 Posts
Ya same thing with mine. Took a video as well. Only happens periodically.
Let us know what your dealer says. I haven't done anything with
mine yet.

Christrit,
I would suggest that you contact your dealer in regards to this issue. Please keep me posted and if you have any other questions, comments or concerns please feel free to contact me anytime.
Thank you,
Stacy Chevrolet Customer Service

·
Registered
170 Posts
I just witnessed this buzzing sound after I turned the car off. This is a first for me. Definitely sounds weird, kind of like a faint game show buzzer lol

·
Registered
154 Posts
there's another thread where it was stated the buzzing sound could be the turbocharger coolant.

try searching the forum for 'the buzzing sound'

·
Registered
154 Posts
http://www.cruzetalk.com/forum/10-e...4-buzzing-sound-after-turning-off-car-10.html

CruzeTech said:
I already posted this earlier in the thread. Sorry Pilsner, I didn't see your reply to me. But here it is again for those that didn't read it earlier.

"The Honeywell supplied turbo itself is integrated into the exhaust manifold to minimize energy loss and lag, which helps with the engine's responsiveness. Coolant flow is maintained through the turbo bearing area after engine shutdown to prevent the oil from cooking and prematurely destroying the turbo."

AOL autos review

·
Registered
23 Posts
Thanks bbdhomer. I found the answer to this question (before seeing yours) after doing some searching on the net. Whats really funny, is that my dealer, prior to me learning what the noise was, could not explain it even after hearing the noise themselves.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts