Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Traded in our 2012 Cruze for a 2017 Malibu. Our Cruze never had most of the issues talked about on here except the leaking antifreeze hose coming from the coolant tank...which btw broke off and sprayed coolant everywhere. That was about it though. There was only 32000 miles on it when we traded it so maybe those other problems were around the corner. Our Cruze Eco never got less then 39 hwy on trips and usually got 41 or 42. Always a constant 26 mpg city. The car was just a bit too cramped for trips and that was the main reason we moved up to the Malibu. I think somebody will get a great used car if they buy it. Our Malibu is out of this world great. It gets the same city mpg and turns 37 on the highway...not bad for such a roomy car. Good luck to all the new Cruze owners....

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
17,486 Posts
Congrats on the step up! The new Malibu is a pretty nice car...what trim/motor did you go for?

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts
Congrats on the Malibu. The Malibu was on my short list when my ECO was totaled.

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
You can still visit even though your not a cruze owner anymore.
After all your still a chevy man!!
I was almost going to get the malibu but opted for the cruze. A little better on gas and a few $$$ less on the sticker price. This was when gas was $4/gallon in 2013.
Cheers!!

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Congrats on the step up! The new Malibu is a pretty nice car...what trim/motor did you go for?
We got the LT with the leather package and a few other options. Also took the standard 1.5 engine which is quite adequate even if it won't win many races. Almost 4 months in we are quite happy with it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts