Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Resident Forum Drunkard
9,264 Posts
I think you have the only cruzen in the world that has a glove compartment light and 300.000. miles !

That's a premier ......

·
Premium Member
1,254 Posts
I think if any trim should be replaced/ousted it should be the 1.8. Just give em a turbo already!

Also don't the Malibu and Impala, or maybe just Malibu, have like LTZ1, LTZ2 yada yada? It could be adding a trim increment like that?

·
Registered
144 Posts
The 2016 Cruze's top of the line model will become the Cruze Premier.

image.jpg

GM Authority said:
General Motors has filed an application to register “Cruze Premier″ as a trademark with the United States Patent and Trademark Office, GM Authority was first to discover.The automaker’s April 22nd, 2015 application is assigned serial number 86605922 and specifies that the mark will be used for “motor land vehicles, namely, automobiles, sport utility vehicles, trucks, vans, engines therefor and structural parts thereof.”
GM’s trademark application with the United States Patent & Trademark Office for “Cruze Premier”

[h=3]The GM Authority Take[/h]General Motors is in the process of replacing the LTZ trim level on Chevrolet vehicles with the Premier moniker. And if this trademark application is anything to go by, it would appear that the all-new, second-generation, D2XX-platformed 2016 Chevrolet Cruze is next in line to receive the Premier trim.

Read more: Chevy Cruze To Receive Premier Trim Level Next? | GM Authority

·
Registered
574 Posts
IMO this is what GM is lacking stick with one name & that's it. we all knew the LTZ models were the top models now it premier. I bet any money in the next 10 years it will be changed again:signs053:. I'm a GM guy all my life but what GM should focus on is stick with the same names & model & improve on them. Like some there will be no more cts ats etc... names, it's all going to be named different. How does Honda & Toyota have the same names for decades? Because they improve those short coming. If a real GM person was in charge of GM they would have thought of this.

Off topic. How many names have GM car abandon?
beretta Corsica lumina chevette cavalier vega Monza monte carlo just to name a few
Please add to this list so I can cry more :sad010:
GM we don't need new names just better more reliable vehicles

·
Premium Member
2,821 Posts
Off topic. How many names have GM car abandon?
beretta Corsica lumina chevette cavalier vega Monza monte carlo just to name a few
Please add to this list so I can cry more :sad010:
GM we don't need new names just better more reliable vehicles
And how many brands abandoned - Olds, Pontiac, Hummer, SAAB. I have owned cars from 3 of those brands and still have my GTO. It is nice trying to get parts for that car now - I need a Power Steering Cooler - it is NLA

·
Premium Member
1,225 Posts
I think if any trim should be replaced/ousted it should be the 1.8. Just give em a turbo already!
Agreed. The 1.4T should be the base engine, and then they could introduce a 2.0T. It could be optional on the 1LT and standard on the 2LT and higher. That would make it interesting.

·
Premium Member
3,975 Posts
As the article author says, it's a process across the Chevy line. I liken it to Ford's "Titanium" trim level, or the Accord's Touring edition. My call is it's "marketing hooey". That, and nothing more. Whatever you call it, you'll still have to compare the content of the trim level against the competition. The GM Authority post gives no idea what is going to be included in the Premier edition, but best thing would be to compile what the other compact top trim levels offer, and maybe some midsize ones too. If Chevy is intending to be competitive, the Premier trim level would have to include those, and more.

·
Premium Member
272 Posts
Keeping trim level names uniform across the board makes sense, especially with the well established LS, LT, LTZ system (except for the 1LT, 2LT trim sub-levels...). I'm down for different names for new cars, as long as it isn't an unmemorable alpha numeric name.

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
16,537 Posts
The Cruze will never see a 2.0T. It will quickly become GMs up level engine for a lot of bigger or more expensive cars as V6 engines are phased out. If they put it in a small Chevy, they'll have no reason to sell it in Buicks and Caddys. Just the way their marketing department is.

"Premier" sounds like something they're slapping on the cars to sell in China. Dumb name IMO compared to other makes.

·
Premium Member
7,718 Posts
IMO this is what GM is lacking stick with one name & that's it. we all knew the LTZ models were the top models now it premier.
LTZ, that's the "Z" version of the "LT", right? Like Z-28? :grin:

WE knew it, but I'm not sure as the public did. LS, LT, LTZ, they just see the price difference, but not the features.

Now, if it's called "Premier", then they're gong to ask what features it has. Or at least understand why one dealer shows a higher price for a "Premier" than another that's advertising a "LT".

Bottom line, I think it's about marketing and communicating the message without alphabet soup.

·
Registered
171 Posts
That is the same problem that Holden here in AUS have.
They have so many different variants of so many different models, and its a 2015 model, then 6 months later a MY15 model, then 3 months later a MY16 model is out.

It devalues everything, and its only very very small minor changes, but enough to drop the price of their cars, and leave their consumers confused about what they are actually purchasing.

·
Premium Member
995 Posts
Can they just add an SS model and be done with it by now?

·
Resident Forum Drunkard
9,264 Posts
Hey there is an SS model and that is what IT is referred to ..
Now the cruzen is just an econobox with many option packages that suplement the rise in costs .. you's guys do realize there are 7 different packages starting with the base no frills standard transmission = zero options all the way up to the latest 2.0 diesel fully optioned .

·
Registered
54 Posts
Well if they are keeping the "LS" and "LT" trim levels then they should keep "LTZ" as well. It flows better.

It seem silly to go from "LT" to "Premier." It's like they are switching naming conventions.

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
I would like to see them stay with the same name vehicles instead of changing them. It works with honda and toyota. I thinks it devalues the car when they stop producing it. But that may be part of the reason they do it.

·
Premium Member
3,975 Posts
As long as they are changing trim level names, how about Biscayne, Bel Air, Impala, Brookwood, Parkwood, Kingswood, Nomad and El Camino? That covered three trim levels, four hatchbacks, and a dressed up pickup all built on the same chassis. It was good enough for 1959, why not now?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts