Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
'14 Cruze 1.4L Turbo
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's some info before we begin: 2014 Chevy Cruze 1.4L LUV, 161,000 miles

So I decided to pull codes on the Cruze before going in for the night. It has been snowing, windy and cold this evening. The temperatures just dropped below freezing in Ohio.

I got a new one, C0300 - Rear Wheel Speed Sensor Malfunction
ABS malfunction indicator is not illuminated.
If it were a specific wheel speed sensor circuit issue I'd be telling a slightly different tale here.
This one has me stumped, because not much is really known about this in my perspective. Any advice, potential knowledge/suggestions are much appreciated.

I do have some unrelated codes that were already present, so I'll list them here to get it out of the way just in case curiosity pokes the mind.

P0442 - This is my purge valve, pretty obvious with symptoms. Slight stumble while cranking, rough idle. Both after refueling; includes obnoxious ticking.
P0299 - While intermittent, I'd like to tattle on my intake manifold.

·
Registered
67 Posts
can you verify it is a "C"0300 code? I don't believe that code has a definition for a cruze. I couldn't find it online, anyways. A "P"0300 would be a random misfire, if that was the case. I'd replace your purge solenoid, and purchase Andre's v3 pcv kit available on cruzekits.com to manage your P0299. His new V3 kit doesn't require manifold removal or a TB spacer.

·
Registered
'14 Cruze 1.4L Turbo
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
can you verify it is a "C"0300 code? I don't believe that code has a definition for a cruze. I couldn't find it online, anyways. A "P"0300 would be a random misfire, if that was the case. I'd replace your purge solenoid, and purchase Andre's v3 pcv kit available on cruzekits.com to manage your P0299. His new V3 kit doesn't require manifold removal or a TB spacer.
Here is what my code reader is displaying to me. I do not have any misfire codes.

Attachments

·
Registered
67 Posts
Here is what my code reader is displaying to me. I do not have any misfire codes.
Is it recurring if you clear the code? I'm not sure if the "rear propshaft speed sensor" translates or not. c0055 should be the proper code for a rear wheel speed sensor failure.

Edit: Changed "c0045 to c0055" - I'd also recommend just replacing the purge solenoid. It's cheap enough, soon you'll be facing more issues regarding emissions and fuel economy if you don't. Link

·
Registered
'14 Cruze 1.4L Turbo
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Is it recurring if you clear the code? I'm not sure if the "rear propshaft speed sensor" translates or not. c0055 should be the proper code for a rear wheel speed sensor failure.

Edit: Changed "c0045 to c0055" - I'd also recommend just replacing the purge solenoid. It's cheap enough, soon you'll be facing more issues regarding emissions and fuel economy if you don't. Link
It's not a recurring code, and it vanished without me clearing the codes. Considering it was stored as well, it could've appeared days before I even pulled the codes from my little reader.
I haven't seen C0055 either.

The purge solenoid will be done. It's safe to say after replacing it, we will see improved fuel economy almost immediately. Between me and my mom combined, we put 120 miles on it every day throughout the workweek.

·
Registered
67 Posts
It's not a recurring code, and it vanished without me clearing the codes. Considering it was stored as well, it could've appeared days before I even pulled the codes from my little reader.
I haven't seen C0055 either.

The purge solenoid will be done. It's safe to say after replacing it, we will see improved fuel economy almost immediately. Between me and my mom combined, we put 120 miles on it every day throughout the workweek.
Good luck sir. Hope everything clears up. Get that V3 pcv kit when you can, it would be a good time do do since you'll already have the purge solenoid out.

·
Registered
'14 Cruze 1.4L Turbo
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just pulled codes again today, the code made its way back. I'll have to take it to my school's workshop and hook the Verus Pro, maybe we'll get clarity on this code and make sure it's not a fluke.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just pulled codes again today, the code made its way back. I'll have to take it to my school's workshop and hook the Verus Pro, maybe we'll get clarity on this code and make sure it's not a fluke.
Hi, did you have any luck? I have a 2011 Chevy Cruze and am getting the C0300 error code as well. I have had issues for the last month with starting my vehicle so purchased a reader recently to try and rectify the issue myself. Any help with how you got to the bottom of it would be very much appreciated.

Cheers

·
Registered
'14 Cruze 1.4L Turbo
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi, did you have any luck? I have a 2011 Chevy Cruze and am getting the C0300 error code as well. I have had issues for the last month with starting my vehicle so purchased a reader recently to try and rectify the issue myself. Any help with how you got to the bottom of it would be very much appreciated.

Cheers
Hello, no luck here as the code never came back again. It must've just been due to the bitter cold temperatures during that time. The C0300 code never affected my powertrain in any way.

·
Super Moderator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red
8,510 Posts
Hello, no luck here as the code never came back again. It must've just been due to the bitter cold temperatures during that time. The C0300 code never affected my powertrain in any way.
I have tried in the past to get more info on this code with no luck. As most know on on a Chevy truck they point to the rear speed sensor, so I would look into the rear speed sensors on a Cruze.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts