Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,227 Posts
Do you happen to have a 2016 Limited (Gen 1) or a different 2016 (L, LS, LT, Premier -> Gen 2)?

Also, welcome to CruzeTalk!

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts
Welcome to Cruzetalk. If you have a gen 1 Cruze the cabin air filter is behind the glove box. I'm not sure where it is in the gen 2 Cruze.

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
I'm not sure there's been something done for the GEN2 Cruze, but there is a YouTube for a VOLT GEN2. We don't have confirmation that the glove box is the same design, but I think it's pretty close.

If I recall you have to remove the plastic panel on the side of the dash, with the drivers door open to access all the screws. Good luck if you try it, and let us know how it goes.

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Sometimes it isn't obvious but with the glove box empty all you have to do is squeeze the sides of it in to get past some bump stops and it should drop.

Took me a few minutes to figure it out on my gen1. Hopefully they didn't mess with a great design and make it more difficult.

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts
Sometimes it isn't obvious but with the glove box empty all you have to do is squeeze the sides of it in to get past some bump stops and it should drop.

Took me a few minutes to figure it out on my gen1. Hopefully they didn't mess with a great design and make it more difficult.
Engineers Motto: If it's broke, fix it. If it's not broke, add features until it's broke.

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
I remember a post on here where someone was looking for the info. It did change from the simple GEN 1 design. I believe the GEN 2 design glove box is screwed into the frame. One of the bolts of the glovebox assembly is behind the side panel of the dash.

I have not done this on a GEN 2, but the GEN2 Cruze and GEN 2 volt share similar internals, and there are video's of GEN2 Volts.

GEN1 Volts were not shipped with a cabin air filter, and it was common on the forums to open the dash like the GEN1 Cruze and install one. The GEN2 Volt was shipped from the factory with a HVAC filter. That's the reason why there are so many video's on this for a new car.

All the Volt owners with GEN 2 are looking and making video's.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts