Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pulled my cabin air filter today (not orig owner, 2014 Cruze Diesel, 65,000 miles) and I'm curious if this is the original filter. Just to the right of the part number is "21:05:14". I'm thinking this is the MFG date of the filter element, May 21, 2014. Thoughts?

Attachments

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
Ones I have purchased came in a sealed plastic bag, does it really make any difference? Really don't go by the date when replacing it, go by the dirt accumulation.

Bit more particular on the food and medication we take.

·
Premium Member
2,697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ones I have purchased came in a sealed plastic bag, does it really make any difference? Really don't go by the date when replacing it, go by the dirt accumulation.

Bit more particular on the food and medication we take.
Thanks, I agree...mine was pretty dirty for sure. Always thought Cabin Air Filter changes were a 'gimmick' for dealerships to make a few bucks. Not true, at least with this car anyway. I'll be changing every 15-20k going forward.

Still, I'm just curious if anyone knows what the "21:05:14" means on the side of the filter pictured above...I'm assuming this means the filter was made May 21, 2014. If true this would be the original 3-year-old filter installed by GM meaning previous owner never changed it even after 60,000 miles.

Can someone confirm? Google has not been my friend on this one...Thanks!

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
If more importance to me than that date is finding a good carbon cabin filter, don't work or get paid by rockauto.com, but find the best deals there.

So called fresh air intake isn't so fresh surrounded by other vehicles emitting CO and whatever garbage the EPA insist on adding to fuels like MTBE's.

·
Registered
294 Posts
so i was curious,
I just opened 2 different cases of cabin filters here and that makes sense all the filters in "case 1" have 23.02.17 this case was just received today all filters in "case 2" have 13.02.17 that case was recieved 5/11.
so it makes sense i would guess yes but I don't have facts just coincidence.

·
Premium Member
2,697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
so i was curious,
I just opened 2 different cases of cabin filters here and that makes sense all the filters in "case 1" have 23.02.17 this case was just received today all filters in "case 2" have 13.02.17 that case was recieved 5/11.
so it makes sense i would guess yes but I don't have facts just coincidence.
Great thanks, so my original factory cabin air filter has 3 yrs and 65,000 miles on it...definitely due!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts