Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
u cant undo the glove box to get to the cabin air filter in my 2016 cruze like in previous years. so exactly how do u take off the glove box?

·
Registered
253 Posts
You have to take the panel off the right side where the door closes. That will expose 2 screws you need to remove on that side and a few more on the left. Then whole glove box comes out and you can get to the filter. they didn't make a simple trap door like before. i think one of reason may be because the way it was designed before loose paper in glove box could get sucked into the fan. At least it happened to me.

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts
You have to take the panel off the right side where the door closes. That will expose 2 screws you need to remove on that side and a few more on the left. Then whole glove box comes out and you can get to the filter. they didn't make a simple trap door like before. i think one of reason may be because the way it was designed before loose paper in glove box could get sucked into the fan. At least it happened to me.
I just change the cabin air filter in my son's 2012 LS. He had an old insurance card sucked in there, not to mention two hospital wrist bands. I'm surprised his blower even worked with all the paper and leaves in there.

·
Premium Member
5,638 Posts
I have my glove box full of papers that are prime to be sucked away, just thought about that today when looking for a Blue Shield check for my Chiropractor. I am going to remove all loose material tomorrow. 2 Hospital bands in the blower motor, now THAT is funny!
:lol:

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
Really do not know if a carbon air filter is superior to those plain paper types, no longer have access to the air quality equipment.

But sure like reading the advertisement on the box, so pay a little extra to use these.

With any new vehicle, manage to get a shop manual to answer these questions. Paper is rapidly becoming history.

Did have access to the GM website, that didn't last very long, required to have a new password every 90 days. If you can find a nice dealer, would be happy to print out several pages of the subject you wanted. This is also becoming history, a lot more concerned about getting their money from GM for warranty repair work than anything else.

So whose is the problem, your dealer or GM?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts