Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Changed my cabin air filter today, got to be kidding me! A mouse set up shop and chewed the crap out of my firewall insulation. You know that extra sound dampening for the CTD!! Anyone else have this? Any prevention tips appreciated.

Attachments

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I noticed my outside/ recirculate function isn't working. Took filter out, you can see door that opens/ closes, when i push the button, door only closes about half way. I can turn the motor by hand and it goes fine. Motor starts/ stops at wrong time. Out of sync somehow

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
17,603 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Wow! Thanks jblackburn, dealer can re sync motor then. Mouse got in where fresh air opening is I think, not that I would've had it closed, but that may have kept them out had it worked properly and I had it on recirc

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hel- is not a swear word. Especially if one were not religious. Just a miserable place, like Detroit, see that didn't get bleeped out lol

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
Don't see how its possible for a mouse to claw in those narrow slots in the "fresh air intake" no so fresh when driving in thick traffic. And only on the driver's side. But should inspect the drain hole for that compartment, may be possible for a mouse to crawl up there.

Though my cabin filter was dirty, but live in farm country, can kind of forms a dust bowl during cultivating the field namely in the spring time. If I were to move another 30 miles north, would be out of it, just too cold for farming, huge National Forest.

But see somebody has it worse, somebody always has it worse.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
If you open the hood you can fit your finger in an opening on your left by the hood hinge. I would have to take that cover off to be sure, i can't see for sure

·
Registered
197 Posts
At least it chew up the wires while it was in there. I've had squirrels make a nest in my work diesel work truck air filters on more than on occasion, had to find a new parking spot for it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts