Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

cabin filter - thumbs up

5K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  JeffBazell 
#1 ·
was cleaning the inside of my cruze this past weekend and decided to change the cabin filter

just have to say way to go GM for designing the easy access to the filter.

was really simple to change

I can't say the same for our mazda 3. I have to take it to the dealer to have it done and it is no easy chore you have to remove a third of the dash and a fuse panel and some other stuff to get to the bottom center of the dash.

so nice to know this is a diy job.

#9 ·
What does that have to do with opening your glove box . Reaching into the glove with your hand , remove said articles out of said glove box , turn retaining T to fit through that little hole ..unthreading a needle let go of the glove box it will roll down ,remove glove box .. look into the cruzen with your eyes . Pop the retaining tabs that secure the cabin air filter , be careful to not break said tabs they are only plastic ,,there are three .

Remove said cabin filter , now the fun begins ..did you buy a cabin filter ?

If not do not worry they cost about 53.00$ at your local auto parts store . If they even carry that filter ..or buy OEM at the over priced Dealer !

Got mine from auto zone ... or you can always have the cabin filter blasted with a air hose to breath some life into said filter .

Now replace cabin filter back into the slot alotted for said cabin filter . Reset plastic tabs carefully , Slide glove box into position with a slight upwards lean this will allow the glove box to seat into position . Tilt the glove box forwards , fish that stringed holder to the said little hole , thread stringed holder through that little hole , close glove box it should seat fine.. replace all of your rewards ..

#10 ·
Thread has been cleaned up.

#11 ·
Thank You Obermd . COOL

#12 ·
:signs057::signs057: not to replace the filter,​,

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.