Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2011 1.4T and was wondering if it's worth putting a cold air intake with the turbo.

So I understand the turbo is powered by the exaust (runs pretty hot) by the back pressure spinning a turbine which directs clean air into the cylinder combustion chamber, that turbine spinning so fast created a lot of heat and if I throw cold air into that turbine it'll just heat up anyway, right?

I'm not a mechanic and I'm very humble so please correct me if I'm wrong. Any feedback is appreciated!

2011 Chevy Cruze LTZ 1.4L Turbo

·
2,254 Posts
My take on this from reading a bunch of similar questions like this:

Do the CAI if your looking for more sound, it does nothing else.

Reactions: _MerF_

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Pretty much what Sparkman said above, the CAI really hasn't been proven to give any more power in these cars. They mostly provide cool turbo noises.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I purchased my 2014 1.4t in may. I had for a week @13,500 miles before putting on an Injen intake. @25,000 miles now and it is by far my favorite thing. When we had tons of rain earlier this year I drove it 1.5 hour trips in downpours that left an inch of water on the pavement, and it did great. I will recommend putting some mesh before the maf. I noticed a .2mpg increase with it, and the audible spooling and bov is a perfect volume. I'd buy it again. I chose also chose it because of the warm engine bay issue as well, though fitment is super tight on the last piece connecting the filter. If you don't like it, just leave it off for WAI conversion. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts