Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. I am new here (obviously) but I look forward to learning a lot from you pro's and to share my experience's with my Cruze as I have with other forums (duramax related.) I enjoy doing as much of my own work/repairs/upgrades as possible in the future. I am an electrician by trade, but consider myself handy and can figure almost anything out, as I am very mechanically inclined. I have been an avid Diesel fan since before 2007, when I purchased a brand new LBZ duramax(GMC Sierra), which I still own today and is running strong. A few years after, I took a gamble on a 2006 Jetta diesel. It the car had 144k when purchased, and despite some camshaft and wiring issues, I was hooked on compact car diesel efficiency and torque!! Last year I sold the Jetta and got me a 2018 Chevy Cruze diesel sedan, 9 speed auto, fully loaded. I have 9200miles on it with only upgrades being tinted windows. My best gas milage so far has come from exactly 12 gallons, 636 miles, beating my Jettas record of 575. No problems yet. I hope to do some minor performance modifications such as intake and exhaust. It is a pain here in California though, but we shall make due.

·
Premium Member
2,696 Posts
I run I-10 to OC weekly, the 91 is a nightmare so arriving between 10 am and 2 pm is imperative as it’s the ever-shrinking window of opportunity to get there without major traffic.

Welcome from a knucklehead to a dingbat...glad ta have another oilburner out there in Calif.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts