Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

Calling all hifi gurus IM Going audio crazy!!!

4929 Views 31 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  hificruzer226
So the point of this thread is simple. I have about $4500 (Already have the amps) to spend and I want to build the best system I have built for me in my budget. So I want to create a reference platform for das CruzeN. So this might get moved to projects but hopefully not until the meeting is adjourned. I am hoping we can get together and develop the reference cruze system.
I am officially going crazy I have finally decided to give in and spend the money on a reference hifi Cruze set up. My limitations no perm visible modifications. Retaining factory functionality. No significant trunk space loss.

OBJECTIVE: Staging and imaging so good even Stevie Wonder can see it!
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

· Administrator
14,726 Posts
Could throw one or two of these in a trunk baffle to start...

The Madisound Speaker Store

Or just run the dual 18" Peavey subs like me and Justin.

Not sure if this would be too permanently visible for you. The difference between a sealed box and a trunk baffle is quite enormous.

· Premium Member
2,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hands down, I'd recommend the ScanSpeak Illuminator tweeter. I haven't seen anything else out there that competes (that is currently available).

I believe your dual 18" set up will perform better than the aura in our cars. maybe not in our homes. The scan speak illuminators is what i was jumping for. I heard them used in several loud speakers design companies one of which I had the pleasure listening to the VR-11SEMK2. I will probably go with these. You know I have never heard accutons have you?

· Administrator
14,726 Posts
I believe your dual 18" set up will perform better than the aura in our cars. maybe not in our homes. The scan speak illuminators is what i was jumping for. I heard them used in several loud speakers design companies one of which I had the pleasure listening to the VR-11SEMK2. I will probably go with these. You know I have never heard accutons have you?
I have not, but you could probably find someone on PETT that has if you were really interested in them.

I agree, the Peavey 18s would sound better in our cars. They are plenty loud anyway. The Aura 18s are just sooooo pretty.

· Premium Member
2,125 Posts
If you're not fond of your spare tire (and not using the well for an enclosure) consider running an additional battery on an isolator. CLD tiles throughout the cabin/doors/trunk. Just my .02

· Premium Member
2,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If you're not fond of your spare tire (and not using the well for an enclosure) consider running an additional battery on an isolator. CLD tiles throughout the cabin/doors/trunk. Just my .02
My cruze is an eco! so no tire. This will be getting 1 huge additional battery Maybe two. My biggest concern with this is alternator..... I want a clean 260 amp alt. I am afraid our cars will not be able to be built. My entire car will be hushmated including inside and outside skins as well as fire wall and roof

· Premium Member
2,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have not, but you could probably find someone on PETT that has if you were really interested in them.

I agree, the Peavey 18s would sound better in our cars. They are plenty loud anyway. The Aura 18s are just sooooo pretty.
Dont you mean, do?

I am not looking for epic spl I want to be in the 135-7db range

· Premium Member
2,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

I was considering the auras for my HT build but my home theater always gets side tracked by my customers FWTL towers.

· Premium Member
2,125 Posts
My cruze is an eco! so no tire. This will be getting 1 huge additional battery Maybe two. My biggest concern with this is alternator..... I want a clean 260 amp alt. I am afraid our cars will not be able to be built. My entire car will be hushmated including inside and outside skins as well as fire wall and roof
Confused by "cars not be able to be built" but I think their is plenty of room in the bay for a much larger alternator. I don't think you'll have an issue with its functionality

· Administrator
14,726 Posts
Dont you mean, do?

I am not looking for epic spl I want to be in the 135-7db range
Well I can only comment based on the specifications, so in that regard, yes, but I have yet to hear two NS18s in the same configuration.

Then just set up two 18s in a trunk baffle like I did. You can get both subs for about $400 shipped. How much power do you have at 4 ohms? That would be the only concern I'd have. There is a 4 ohm version but the moving mass (and Qts) rises predictably.

· Administrator
14,726 Posts
The lower voltage regulation smart alternator is what I meant sorry I wasn't being clear enough.
With such high efficiency coming out of two 18" subs, precisely why do you need so much amperage? These things are 97.3db at one watt.

· Premium Member
2,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Well I can only comment based on the specifications, so in that regard, yes, but I have yet to hear two NS18s in the same configuration.

Then just set up two 18s in a trunk baffle like I did. You can get both subs for about $400 shipped. How much power do you have at 4 ohms? That would be the only concern I'd have. There is a 4 ohm version but the moving mass (and Qts) rises predictably.
I was concerned about power as well but I have either the mmats 2000.2 so 1000w rms @4ohms or my crazy monster soundstream x3.71 which would render I think 1750rms @4ohms

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.