Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Patience Of Job
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well its like Christmas w/ this Cruze here it just seems like surprise after surprise! Well it looks like "maybe" one of the cam actuator's are leaking I suppose is leaking - but it looks oily & some type of build up on it there is two there as you all know, one is clean & the other is as mentioned got build up of oil or something on it not sure really? I will get pic tomorrow of it & post just wanna get a idea is this something that can leak? build up on it or is it normal? & big question is if its not normal is it covered under powertain?

·
Premium Member
5,535 Posts
Leak means droplets of oil......repair called for.

Wisping is dirt adhering to oil residue that develops at just about every seam over a long period of time/miles.......not a unusual occurence.....no such thing as a engine that shows no signs of wisping, and resealing is pointless......wipe it off every couple of years.

But, if a true leak, yes, it would be covered by powertrain.

Rob

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just had this fixed on my car. I could smell burning oil and took it in. The GM tech told me it was a leak and probably the cam shaft actuator seal. (He seemed to act like this was a common problem) anyway that's was it ended up being, both the intake and exhaust seals were leaking. Got them fixed covered under power train.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.