Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took my 2012 Chevy Cruze LT (approx. 56,000 miles, today), to a dealership here in Slidell, La.,to get my coolant level checked via campaign 12213, which states in short " check the coolant level WITHOUT Leak and replace coolant if necessary"; car returned to me in 2 hours, stating " coolant level OK, No Leak". Two months later, it ran "hot"(217 degrees) and is in the shop at the dealership(as of today,11/2/2014); brought in Mon. 10/27/2014, to be told that "I need an "Engine Coolant Fan". Contacted Chevy Customer Service, Rep said, initially, this part was covered by the Powertrain Warranty, but after further review, It Is Not Covered; now, I have to pay $450 to get this Fan. My question is "Was there a Leak back then?"Why would GM be concerned about the low coolant level problem if there was not a Leak? They stated clearly in campaign 12213 "check coolant level "WITHOUT A LEAK". Isn't the "Engine Coolant Fan" part of the Engine? Shouldn't this part be covered being that the car is only 2 years old, 56,000 miles? Is replacing this fan going to take care of the overheating problem? Again, was there a Leak contributing to this problem too? Can't trust...:angry:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.