Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

Can Scan Gauge II cause CEL?

2222 Views 11 Replies 11 Participants Last post by  LulzT1
My diesel Cruise came up with the P11D7 code (nox sensor).
The service man thinks the Scan Gauge might be doing something to cause the CEL. Is he nuts?
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

2,143 Posts
Does it have a tune?

· Premium Member
1,958 Posts
I don't think it did, I think if I get any CELs I will just take the scan gauge out of the car. Seems nuts, it is just reading information and displaying it. If they had designed the car with a regen light or something of the sorts I would never have purchased a scan gauge

· COTM Winner
2014 Cruze Diesel, 2007 Cobalt, 1981 Camaro Z28, 2017 Volt
7,121 Posts
I highly doubt your ScanGauge caused a CEL.

· Premium Member
4,647 Posts
over 40K miles with my scangauge and it has not caused any CEL.

· Premium Member
24,131 Posts
The NOx sensors have been a recurring issue with the CTD. Your scan guage didn't cause this.

· Registered
319 Posts
Dealers will blame anything and everything on something they see that is aftermarket even if it clearly has nothing to do with the issue.

This is no joke, I once had a Toyota dealer decline warranty work on my transmission, on the paperwork I received one of the reasons for the denial was "aftermarket radio".

I don't take my vehicles to the dealership with so much as a different license plate frame anymore.

· Registered
173 Posts
I currently have the same CEL and a scangauge 2, but they are not related. I've had many CELs prior to my SC2. The light came on a week and a half ago, then went out, then came back on and then went out again. I'm watching it before I seek further action.

What's the condition of the flange by your SCR? Several people including myself have significant corrosion with at least two people experiencing broken studs there.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.