Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

2012 Cruze 1.4L LT has been making a clanking noise under the hood. Almost sounds like someone snoring...not sure it's plastic or metal clanking...The noise intensifies upon acceleration or when I cut the AC on. Any ideas?...video above for the sound. Thanks

·
Premium Member
2013 Cruze LT
3,216 Posts
ecotec cover vibrating it sounds like, if you remove it does it stop? Also looks like the intake manifold is bathed in oil.

·
Premium Member
2013 Cruze LT
3,216 Posts
Intake manifold is soilded after an oil leak. Fixed. But the sound wasn't the ecotec cover.
Got it, I would personallly feel it with your hand, be careful to not burn it. That is going to help you narrow it down. You can also use a screwdriver and put the metal tip on parts and them put the plastic handle part in your ear/on your ear bone behind your ear. Or just buy a mechanics stethoscope.

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
17,301 Posts
Yeah, it sounds like the Ecotec cover to me as well...and also like the idle is hunting slightly. I assume the oil leak was from the valve cover being replaced...have you checked the intake manifold for the check valve in the little port as well?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah, it sounds like the Ecotec cover to me as well...and also like the idle is hunting slightly. I assume the oil leak was from the valve cover being replaced...have you checked the intake manifold for the check valve in the little port as well?
No I haven't checked that just yet. If you really wanna hear the sound listen between the :30 sec and 1min mark. There's a low rumbling coming from what seems to be the intake manifold.

·
Registered
16 Posts
For me that noise was the EVAP canister purge valve. I replace it and the noise went away. Just when you're buying it make sure it's cheap because some place it for 70-80 when you can actually get it for 20 bucks

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
For me that noise was the EVAP canister purge valve. I replace it and the noise went away. Just when you're buying it make sure it's cheap because some place it for 70-80 when you can actually get it for 20 bucks
Ok I'll try that today and see how that goes

1 - 9 of 9 Posts