Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Registered
2014 Cruze LT 1.4
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I recently acquired a Red Cruze LT2 with the 1.4 and automatic (wish it was a manual though). 200,000 kms (125,000 miles).

Car has been in the family since new. Went to GM for everything.

The car has the regular issues of PCV stuff, coolant leaks, oil leaks, airbag light.

GM recently did the water outlet, and cam cover.

I plan the typical maintenance things of
Pcv 3.4 kit
Oil and filter change
Air and cabin filter
Transmission fluid flush
Spark plugs
Coolant and boost leak test

Will eventually look into performance mods, but for now I want to basically make it reliable and efficient for my 80 km (50 mile) round trips every day.

Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
Welcome!

Drain and fill the transmission a time or two, but stay away from flush machines.

Don't forget fresh brake fluid (2-3 yr lifespan) and coolant (5 yr lifespan).

Administrator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red, 1.4T Auto
Hello, I recently acquired a Red Cruze LT2 with the 1.4 and automatic (wish it was a manual though). 200,000 kms (125,000 miles).

Car has been in the family since new. Went to GM for everything.

The car has the regular issues of PCV stuff, coolant leaks, oil leaks, airbag light.

GM recently did the water outlet, and cam cover.

I plan the typical maintenance things of
Pcv 3.4 kit
Oil and filter change
Air and cabin filter
Transmission fluid flush
Spark plugs
Coolant and boost leak test

Will eventually look into performance mods, but for now I want to basically make it reliable and efficient for my 80 km (50 mile) round trips every day.
Welcome Aboard!(y)

Sounds like a good start for your 2LT.

Registered
2014 Cruze LT 1.4
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Welcome!

Drain and fill the transmission a time or two, but stay away from flush machines.

Don't forget fresh brake fluid (2-3 yr lifespan) and coolant (5 yr lifespan).
I was going to pull the return line to the transmission and let it pump the fluid out while I added new stuff. I've done it on other vehicles before anyway.

Never even thought about brake fluid, thanks!

Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
I was going to pull the return line to the transmission and let it pump the fluid out while I added new stuff. I've done it on other vehicles before anyway.

Never even thought about brake fluid, thanks!
Depending on the trans cooler setup your particular 2014 has (there are two different routings), that may be possible or extremely difficult. But yeah, I have used that method on other cars with success.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts