Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2012 Chevy Cruze Eco MT 67K miles on it.

Right now my mods are no resonator and no muffler, and a trush glasspack on it with dual tip exhaust.
Eiback Pro lowering springs.
Clutch Delay valve delete.
I had a cone filter on it and i had the bvp solenoid bypass(so the bvp will be manage by vacuum and not the computer)
Decided to go with the stock box until i get a decent SRI.

For some reason, dont know if my boost gauge is faulty but it wont go past 8 psi.
The bpv solenoid was not the issue, as i had it done for almost a year.
But decided to put back stock( as i read and found out what it can happen)

It was doing 13 before i change back to the stock airbox.
Threw a new line directly from the T in the vacuum source to the boost gauge.
Still wont go past 8 psi
Cleaned out both map and maf sensors.
There is oil on the pipes as i did have the valve cover burst disk go bad, and the check valve on the manifold is gone.

I think either the hose is to thin and the vacuum is sucking it shut, or there may be a vacuum leak somewere, but cannot hear any leaks.

So any ideas as to why i cant hit full boost would be appreciated.
If i left out any needed info, let me know.

Note: running BKR7E copper plugs (tried BKR8EIX gapped at .028 but get blow outs)
boost gauge is a cheap ebay brand.

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
17,488 Posts
Probably doesn't need 13 PSI to hit its stock tq limit. It only uses the boost it needs to make a preset tq number (148 ft-lbs).

I think you're worrying about nothing, but you can monitor w/ an OBDII scan tool while driving.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I tough about the same thing, that maybe its the torque management system doing its work, but just wanted to make sure it wasnt something else.

Thanks for the reply

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Im planning on getting the fix posted on the forums because im not paying $350 for the entire thing

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts
Get the check valve fixed before your PCV fails. Then remeasure the boost. If the car is driving normally I wouldn't worry about it as the ECU doesn't need the boost.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Will do, probably gonna order the kit this week and work on it on the weekend. Dont want to change the valve cover again. Not use to the car telling me what boost i need, but the other way around jejeje

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts
The check valve is covered under the powertrain warranty. You may still be under this depending on when you purchased your car.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Car is 2012, has 67k on it, bought it Feb 2014. So the entire manifold would be covered? Because i have been reading here that usually the charge you for it

·
17,488 Posts
Car is 2012, has 67k on it, bought it Feb 2014. So the entire manifold would be covered? Because i have been reading here that usually the charge you for it
Go to my.chevrolet.com and put in your VIN. It is 5 years from date of original purchase - the will show you remaining warranties (my 2012 was up in 4/2017).

I had the whole manifold replaced under powertrain for the missing valve; they are instructed to cover it in this TSB.

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts
Are you the first owner? If so you're still covered until 100,000 miles or Feb 2019. If you aren't the first owner do what jblackburn suggests and put your VIN into my.chevrolet.com and find your current coverages.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Checked and it looks I still have the powertrain warranty.
Up to 100,039 miles or until 12/14/2017.

Thanks a lot for that info.
I will call them and see what they say.

then only thing is that i have a boost gauge installed and the exhaust is modified
Hope that doesn't affect the warranty

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts
I'd pull the boost gauge if possible just so the techs can test without any other devices "interfering" with the engine. Exhaust modifications, as long as they don't block gas flow, are a non-issue.

·
17,488 Posts
Agreed. Pull/hide the boost gauge. They may try to say that it alters vacuum and caused the check valve to fail or some lame dealer excuse. They're good at those.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well i dont have the original post for were the gauges are, so i will just disconnected them and leave that opened, or just leave them unplugged.

As for the exhaust, i just removed the resonator and muffler and added a glasspack.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Just chatted with a chevy rep, and they told me that According to p.30 of the emmission warranty, the check valve and pcv valve are covered.And he did look it up by my vin # So taking the car to the dealership today.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.