Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys I really like the cocoa leather interior on the cruze diesel; but how hard is It to keep clean. Its the only thing that is keeping me from going with the all black. Are there any pros/cons that I should be aware of?

·
Registered
53 Posts
I have the cocoa leather, and I love it! I have no issues with keeping it clean at all. I also have no children, so that helps. Lol. I have not tinted my windows yet, and still no trouble getting in the car at lunch or after work on 100 degree days and holding on to the steering wheel. It is not hot to the touch even with it sitting in the sun. Love that! The only "issue" is it will slightly pick up the blue color from blue jeans, if you wear them a lot. However I use Lexol cleaner and conditioner, so the blue is easily cleaned off. Leather should be cleaned and conditioned anyways, so it is really no different no matter what color you choose. If I had to choose again, I would still pick the cocoa. It gives it a much classier feel inside, in my opinion.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Just wanted to add my 2 cents, could be just me but the cocoa interior does something weird to my eyes and makes it hard to see when the sun is shining. not even entirely sure what to call the effect...but in bright sunshine it almost makes everything visible through the windshield brown for me. I might be weird I dunno

·
Premium Member
2,318 Posts
I personally don't care for it, because I didn't like the combo of cream/brown with a black car, which is what I saw it on while car shopping. On a champagne silver it would look alright I guess, or if it was cream/charcoal or something. I just don't like mixing black/brown. Love my black leather.

Sent with iLove

·
Premium Member
2,234 Posts
Had it before. The only thing I don't like is that it shows creases a lot more than black IMO. Plus, it gets dirtier easier (at least visually)

·
Registered
53 Posts
I personally don't care for it, because I didn't like the combo of cream/brown with a black car, which is what I saw it on while car shopping. On a champagne silver it would look alright I guess, or if it was cream/charcoal or something. I just don't like mixing black/brown. Love my black leather.
I can understand that. I actually have the champaign silver and it is a good color combination.

·
Little Purple Title
836 Posts
I have the all black clothe interior and it's a love-hate relationship.

One one hand it looks sharp.

On the other hand it's very hard to match black, and I'm noticing some of the panels are slightly off, annoying if you're uber OCD.

·
Premium Member
3,177 Posts

Sent with iLove

I personally like the cocoa and brown combo but like you JJ, I don't think it looks right with a black exterior colored car. I agree, that mixing brown and black is a big no, no for the most part. I think the interior cocoa/brown color combo should have been limited to certain exterior colors where it makes sense and doesnt clash.

I personally hope they change that brown color choice because in certain lights, it looks like a 1960's/70's doo-doo brown or something but in other lights it looks fairly good. They should offer more interior color choices like grey.

·
Premium Member
2,318 Posts
I personally like the cocoa and brown combo but like you JJ, I don't think it looks right with a black exterior colored car. I agree, that mixing brown and black is a big no, no for the most part. I think the interior cocoa/brown color combo should have been limited to certain exterior colors where it makes sense and doesnt clash.

I personally hope they change that brown color choice because in certain lights, it looks like a 1960's/70's doo-doo brown or something but in other lights it looks fairly good. They should offer more interior color choices like grey.
Yeah, agree 100% -- They should have done 2 different color options of "light" leather tones, and synced with appropriate exteriors...I get that a Cruze isn't a Mercedes... But still. Maybe I should go get a job in GM style department haha.

Sent with iLove

·
Premium Member
3,177 Posts
Yeah, agree 100% -- They should have done 2 different color options of "light" leather tones, and synced with appropriate exteriors...I get that a Cruze isn't a Mercedes... But still. Maybe I should go get a job in GM style department haha.

Sent with iLove
Hey, I wish I could get a job in GM's marketing department because any or all marketing for the cruze, malibu, volt and others GM automobiles have either been nonexistent on TV or really weak and forgettable.

For example, why GM never did a TV commercial of the Cruze with Florida-Georgia Line's Cruise song playing in the background still baffles the **** out of me!!!

·
Epic Beard Man
5,389 Posts
Hey, I wish I could get a job in GM's marketing department because any or all marketing for the cruze, malibu, volt and others GM automobiles have either been nonexistent on TV or really weak and forgettable.

For example, why GM never did a TV commercial of the Cruze with Florida-Georgia Line's Cruise song playing in the background still baffles the **** out of me!!!
I've seen a lot around here, so it must be regional. Cruze, Malibu, and Impala. Can't say I've seen a Spark or Sonic one though. Lately I've seen the ad from the VMAs that was originally done for that with the diesel (the stranger at a gas station), but it has been adapted for a plain Cruze 1LT. Haven't seen the diesel version since the awards show. But I'd say that ad plays a couple times an hour in peak evening time here.

I really wanted the light color leather, and while the brown plastic doesn't excite me, I think it goes well enough with Autumn Metallic. If I were serious enough with big pockets, I always could swap in black plastic parts and use the light neutral inserts and seats. HATE that black mesh stuff on the dash of the black interior.

Coming from a beautiful black and gold Excursion with a tan interior, I think the color combo is really classy. I don't know what I'd do if I chose BGM on the Cruze, that's a tough one.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Reactions: Starks8

·
Premium Member
2,318 Posts

I don't have tv at my house, but at my dad's in MN I would always see the Cruze one where the guy goes for an extra long test drive.

Sorry, but I'm kinda glad the Cruze isn't associated with Florida Georgia Line haha, but that's just me. ;)

Sent with iLove

·
10,713 Posts
I have the all black clothe interior and it's a love-hate relationship.

One one hand it looks sharp.

On the other hand it's very hard to match black, and I'm noticing some of the panels are slightly off, annoying if you're uber OCD.
If that gets you mad, the door on top of the dash that is missing in the LS or a speaker grille in the LTZ upgraded radio doesn't match the rest of the dash or the hood over the gauge cluster.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I really like the cocoa interior, but like everyone else, think it looks terrible with a black exterior. The advantage of the cocoa or the brick interior is that you get the vinyl trim pieces, unlike the black mesh.

·
Registered
310 Posts
I chose my car specifically for the cocoa/neutral interior. I ended up with Blue Ray Metallic exterior, but would have also taken Tungsten or Crystal Red. I personally think the black looks fine, although I see what people are saying about the brown being too dark for the black. I didn't want black this time as my last car was black with tan leather, so I wanted something different.

Regardless, I think black interiors are way too dark and hot in the summer.

I agree that it's not hard to keep clean. I've had a very small amount of blue on the drivers seat, but agree that a good leather cleaner/conditioner takes it right off. I use Zaino and highly recommend it. I also agree about the vinyl dash inserts. They look much better than the cloth ones IMO.

Reactions: Starks8

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
I was looking into the black grey metallic/cocoa interior however I'm nervous about the fact that it will clash because I have yet to see it however the other color of choice would be the rainforest green..what do you guys think?

·
Premium Member
2,318 Posts
I was looking into the black grey metallic/cocoa interior however I'm nervous about the fact that it will clash because I have yet to see it however the other color of choice would be the rainforest green..what do you guys think?
I think the cocoa would look better on the rainforest green (my .02) plus the green isn't as common of a color, I've only seen a handful driving around.

Sent with iLove

1 - 18 of 18 Posts