Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To start, it's a 2011 chevy cruze LT. I've had a few problems for the past month but nothing this bad. Check engine light came on and car would rough idle down to 500 rpms give or take. If you give it a bit of gas, it ran okay a bit jumpy. Code said I needed to replace upper O2 sensor, so I did. Car is still idling rough at same rpms. Reset code and check engine popped back up. Ran OBD and it said MAP sensor MAF sensor and ignition coil all went out immediately. How is that possible? I have a buddy in a different state trying to help as I can't afford a mechanic and I'm fairly mechanicly inclined for basic things but what could be going on? He also asked if my car has a turbo and I don't have a clue. Any tips or help? This is our daily driver and only car. Has 73k miles as of now

·
Super Moderator
5,127 Posts
First off welcome and What codes are you getting
MAP sensor MAF sensor and ignition coil all went out immediately.
? Says virtually nothing: without knowing the exact code it is kinda shooting in the dark first find the exact codes and let us know.

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
17,216 Posts
To start, it's a 2011 chevy cruze LT. I've had a few problems for the past month but nothing this bad. Check engine light came on and car would rough idle down to 500 rpms give or take. If you give it a bit of gas, it ran okay a bit jumpy. Code said I needed to replace upper O2 sensor, so I did. Car is still idling rough at same rpms. Reset code and check engine popped back up. Ran OBD and it said MAP sensor MAF sensor and ignition coil all went out immediately. How is that possible? I have a buddy in a different state trying to help as I can't afford a mechanic and I'm fairly mechanicly inclined for basic things but what could be going on? He also asked if my car has a turbo and I don't have a clue. Any tips or help? This is our daily driver and only car. Has 73k miles as of now
If you had P1101, P0106, and P0171 all together, this is the camshaft cover needing to be replaced for a vacuum leak.

O2 sensor errors are USUALLY indicitave of another problem upstream where the O2 sensor is getting readings it wouldn't expect to get if there wasn't unmetered air or fuel in the system.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDdLxOUcSdU

·
Registered
18 Posts
Sounds very much what I had been experiencing with Alvin(2010 Turbo diesel),but along with the rough idling down and running,he would stall at the most inapropreiate times,I used to have to disconnect the computer harness under the bonnet,spray both cables and computer connectors with contact cleaner then it would run fine for months,just a thought(may not even be the same issues)

·
17,216 Posts
I'm getting the p1101 p0171 and a p1300
Check the PCV in the valve cover like the Youtube video. It's probably hissing. Very common failure on these engines. Fortunately, also an easy fix.

If not there, then being looking for another source of a vacuum leak.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I took the ecotec guard off and hear hissing coming from the pvc valve. Comparing it around this site, it's the newer valve cover with the top air hole

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
And if I'm not mistaken, I got the p0161 the day before and replaced o2 sensor then these new ones popped up

·
17,216 Posts
I took the ecotec guard off and hear hissing coming from the pvc valve. Comparing it around this site, it's the newer valve cover with the top air hole
Yeah, so it's been replaced before then. They still go bad pretty often, and that one is indeed bad.

Double-check that there is also a check valve in your intake manifold where the PCV hose connects to it. Careful with the hose - it may be brittle.

This little orange dot is what you SHOULD see, but probably wont. That has been a common failure point as well when the valve cover goes.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
If it's the spot in the middle of the manifold where the hose goes over the left side of the motor down to where it hooks up to the turbo then no I don't see the Orange piece

1 - 11 of 11 Posts