Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I hope to soon be an owner of an M6 Eco, but can't seem to find the color that I want. My dealer is trying to talk me into getting a black one (my second choice), but I don't want to give up on the grey just yet. Anyone have any ideas on trying to locate one? :(

·
Premium Member
32 Posts
if you have the time. Have them order the one you want. Thats what I had to do. Normal delivery time is around 6 to 8 weeks.

·
Registered
80 Posts
if you have the time. Have them order the one you want. Thats what I had to do. Normal delivery time is around 6 to 8 weeks.
I second this.

I was in the same boat as you when I told my dealer I wasn't backing down from a Black M6 Eco with connectivity/cruise package. The closest one to me was 400+ miles away. At that point I said screw it and had them order it. I was tired of trying to chase one down.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Yes, ordering may be your best option. There may be other nearby dealership with a taupe M6 eco on order, but existing cars in the cars.com inventory shows the closest one is 227 miles away in Ankeny, IA....

·
Registered
69 Posts
227 miles away....that's not far at all....instead of waiting 8 weeks or more....I'd contact the dealer directly if your dealer can't make a dealer trade with them...Small road trip and you're in your FIRST CHOICE car. Don't know what availability of eco's are in your area, but almost any dealer will trade even in short supply as long as they get another Cruze in return.
Good luck, hope you get the car you want, not what some salesman wants to sell you.
Cheers!

·
Premium Member
4,339 Posts
...unless your dealership makes it extremely "...worth your while..." (Godfather voice: "...make'em an offer he CAN'T refuse..." ), just order it exactly the way you want it!

...and, then, have it 'repainted' to the color you want--they're still making the paint.

·
Registered
277 Posts
guys, you cant get taupe grey anymore, so you have to find what you want out there...
Roooad triiiip! :D I always thought the taupe was nice. Almost went that way myself.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I was between the grey and the white and went with the white. I had to order it but it worked out fine. You get it straight off the truck. However, if they don't make them anymore I would be on the road ASAP. Get what you want. Don't settle.....

·
Premium Member
1,250 Posts
I would check multiple dealers to have them look. One dealer told me there wasn't a black ECO within 250 miles with a manual. I live in metro Detroit so I found that very hard to believe!

So I randomly stopped at another dealer and they had just rolled one onto the show room floor, spec'd exactly as I wanted it.

So don't trust that the dealer hasn't checked all other local dealers (some don't like to trade so they may say there isn't one around)

·
FI Lunatic
1,380 Posts
Yes, Taupe Grey was on the "Restrictions" list along with Imperial Blue Metallic on April 2nd when I ordered my Imperial Blue Metallic LTZ. Restricted because of the Japan Earthquake Disaster. I have a feeling, these 2 colors were discontinued because of the supply chain issues caused by the quake...Both colors are gone for 2012...

·
Registered
73 Posts
I'm really glad I ordered my taupe eco when I did. I was seriously considering waiting till the summer at one point.

and don't be afraid to drive for it. I went about 90 miles to pick mine up when my local dealer couldn't work out a trade. the ride home will be great, remember that.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Sometimes you have to find the right dealer. One I went to told me there were no MT ECO models available; he couldn't bother to run a locate! (I guess he was making enough money...)

The dealer I ended up buying from sold the car I was going to drive. I test drove a comparable model first, then he brought up the locater and showed me all the cars optioned the way I wanted it in a 250 mile radius (I think it was about 8-10). They pulled it from a dealer up north, and I had it within a few days.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.