Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a tune from Trifecta via BNR during the recent group buy. I installed the tune and while there is more power throughout the power band, I also experienced pretty bad surging under boost. I data logged and received a response that my tune was good to go as is. I did not purchase a Forge bypass valve. Could the surging be the factory valve struggling to control the increased boost from the tune?

·
Premium Member
25,596 Posts
Did you verify your spark plugs are all at 0.028"?

·
Registered
718 Posts
That is the exact same experience I had with the tune. Power delivery was not smooth as all. It was like I was letting off the gas then back on then back off etc. The tune they did for my auto 2012 was smooth right from the start.

But I haven't heard anything back about the data logs I sent.

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
Do you have a boost gauge? I installed Forge BPV, gauge and tune at same time. I can hold 23psi no problem in power mode

·
Premium Member
25,596 Posts
There are no physical changes needed for the Trifecta tune other to properly gap the plugs. Vince @Trifecta actually recommended 0.027" for tuned engines but said that 0.028" would work.

·
Premium Member
2,821 Posts
When I first got my tune back in summer of 2011 - 2011 ECO 6M - my car would run rough under load. Was told the original tune was developed on an Automatic Cruze and my car was boosting too much at too low an RPM. I contacted Vince-it was a known issue and Vince sent a revised tune and has been good since then.

·
Premium Member
5,157 Posts
Put your plug gaps back down to recommended, and try it again. Too large a gap will make the car cut out.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Plugs are now gapped at 0.027" but now software won't connect to car.
Uninstall ez flash then go to http://www.wot-tuning.com/files/file/1-ez-flash/
Download ez flash from here and the corresponding drivers. Then re flash the car. I was having problems with the links provided by bnr so I used these. The drivers are different on this page and its a newer version of ez flash.
Sent from my beast GS4

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
You may be right with the re-downloading of the files. I am on a different computer than the first time I tuned, and I vaguely remember having the same problem. It's all coming back to me now. Thanks for the reminder. Here goes nothing.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.