Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Guys-

So I'm working on the Automatic transmission fluid change. I drained the pan, refilled, removed the clip on the jiffy tite fitting on the top of the transmission cooler, and pumped 4 quarts out while filling 4 quarts.

Now I'm having problems getting the cooler pipe to re seat in the jiffy quick connector. I have the clip off the connector. As you can see in the picture the "flange on the coolant pipe isn't far enough into the connector to install the clip.

The second picture attempts to show a line support for this metal transmission line. I don't believe my line was in this clip. Could someone with a 1.4 Auto send me a picture of their line?

This line took some wiggling to get it disconnected, but I didn't use any tools, and I don't think I would have bent it.

Any help would be appreciated. I'm done for today, hopefully tomorrow goes better. There's no flexibility in that line. I'm off to searching next.

Pictures of my flush apparatus will be added to the transmission how to after I get this done.

Thanks-

Carbon02

I'm having problems in more ways than one!

Please look at Recient uploads.

I don't know an easier way to share these quickly. I could use the help. Just came back in again. tomorrow is another day. I can't believe getting a connector together is that hard.

https://carbon02.shutterfly.com/

https://carbon02.shutterfly.com/pictures/8

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think you broke it. Both links just ask you to sign up to Shutterfly
Hopefully It's just the link that's broke. I can't believe that pipe could have bent to the point where it doesn't line up. It doesn't push into the connector any further.

Please let me know if you can't see the pics and I'll try again.

Thanks-

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That clip should be back in BEFORE you try to put the line on. That way the line snaps into place.
I know that's the way that they show them working on the internet, but shouldn't I be able to push it all the way in without the clip as well? I bought a spare connector I could unthread and replace the entire thing, but I'm a little scared of opening more worms.

This should be easy..

·
Registered
254 Posts
Put a lil trans fluid or Vaseline on the tube. My guess is you don't have it lined up quite right. If there's a mount on the line close by, unbolt it so you can get a lil more angle on it.

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
An update for anyone who finds this thread.

I was able to remove the fitting in the radiator with a 3/4" socket. Slipping this on the pipe completely, and then using a crow foot wrench to tighten the assembly back onto the radiator, then installing the clip.

The pipe at the top connection to the radiator is a solid piece, with very little give in it, when trying to get it to line up. Mine was extremely tight to remove with the clip out so maybe something was forced when the car was assembled. There's not much room to get good leverage with your hands, but I was able to do it without removing the battery tray or the inter cooler pipes.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.