Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
10,712 Posts
If you're going to leave the key in the car in an area where you know it won't be stolen (I have spent time in areas where people can do this)...my advice would be to leave it in the ignition.
Where I work at you can leave the car running while you run in for a 6 pack, also parts of NJ where I was stationed you can do the same but I still don't. When I work on the car my keys go on the cowl by the wipers if I don't feel like rolling the drivers window down.

·
10,712 Posts
I thought a n00b bumped this thread, had no clue you still having the same issues. get a Camaro Key cut and toss it in the bushes in a fake rock or sprinkler head key hide away as a temp fix. I usually have my window cracked if I leave it running so I can reach in. I also have OnStar active but the app at times will stop working, the Card with number is in my wallet.

As for alarm going off, did she lock with fob and open with key to door handle?

·
10,712 Posts
Hate to bump this, but better than making a new thread...

Wife called me (as soon as I got to work today) and said the car locked itself while she was warming it up. Once I got home, I got in the car and checked the options to make sure the autolock feature that disables the locks if the key is in the ignition was checked, and it was. Thing is, it only works when the driver's door is open. I tested it with both keys, with the car running, and not. Door open, hit locks, doors lock then unlock. Once you close the door though, they lock and stay locked.

So if you're lost on this (like I am), somehow the door locked after she closed it, while it was running. I know the anti-lock feature works, because I've tested it. I had to come home from work and unlock with the key blade because the fob wouldn't unlock it.

I'll take a look at the option again to make sure I have it set right, but it seems to be working correctly when the door is open. Just wondering if anyone has had this issue, and it seems some people have, but I haven't seen it happen with a running vehicle before.
Seems like a nuance to have that happen and the fobs don't work, You have the delay turned off in my post below? I usually still leave the drivers door cracked if the car is running even with Open Door Anti Lock.

Yeah, do this...

Don't do this...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.