Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
17,848 Posts
Your windows weren't down by chance, were they? I can't recall which car I had that did this, but if the windows were left down, one of them would lock the doors and set the alarm system.

I also had an older Toyota that had an automatic timer that would lock the doors if none of them were opened for ~15 minutes. I think that's what the Cruze is doing as well. Locked my keys in that one a couple times.

·
17,848 Posts
If you're going to leave the key in the car in an area where you know it won't be stolen (I have spent time in areas where people can do this)...my advice would be to leave it in the ignition.

·
17,848 Posts
So say it happen like the other day when it locked me out while running. If I had my 7month in the car and I get out and doors lock how happy would you be? I'm sure most of us have gotten out of your car while it was running.
I missed that part.

Neither that setting on the car settings nor the remote would cause it to lock while running, and I think even jamming the lock button down on the door would still make it pop back up if the door is open.

Random question - have you ever seen the speedometer ever fly up when the car is stopped? There were a couple issues with 2012 Cruzes doing that, mine included - said I was going 120 MPH backing out of a parking space at 4 MPH, and locked the doors instantly instead of ~10 MPH like it normally does.

·
17,848 Posts
The whole key/remote is in the $40-75 range depending on the dealer.

Hope the replaced actuator does the job for you - weird that it would lock on its own. I suppose anything is possible if it was shorted internally.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.