Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,535 Posts
As a M6 owner you would think to understand that when its 10 degrees outside, we weren't blessed with remote start. And Yes, this isn't the 1950s, but % vs % of stollen cars has only increases minutely in the last 64years in most locations in the Midwest, especially at 5:30am at the end of a culdisack in the burbs. Next how many times have you started your car and went back for something in the trunk? If you say you always pull your keys your just being hypocritical.

It happened again to my wife when she unlocked it at the store tonight, locked repeadly and then the alarm went off. Talked to dealership last week they haven't heard of it doing this. Also, I hate not to have an idea of what's happening because electrical grimlins are the most expensive type. Because no one checks that stuff anymore, mechanics don't repair they just replace til it gets fixed. That could be expensive.
I'm late to the party here so bear with me.....you mentioned the alarm went off.

Yes I know the car has a basic alarm but do you have an additional, dealer installed unit that uses a different key fob.

Dumb Q, but we/I gotta start somewhere.

Rob

·
Premium Member
5,535 Posts
No additional alarm, just the normal GM door opens while locked horn beeps, similar to the panic button pushed. i wonder if there is a central locking celiniod that might be going bad that won't stay open, basically telling the car it's still locked after it's been unlocked. Like I said messing with today's electronics is one of he toughest things (I work for the state as a mechanic/maintaince).
OK....YEP, this is part of the reason my hair has turned white.

Do you have any modifications......different radio....anything......also, do you have a reporting device such as the thing Progressive Insurance or Allstate or State Farm provide to reduce your insurance expense?
These are plugged into the ALDL connector below the dash and are well known for creating strange gremlins.

Finally, what are your personnalization settings regarding door locking and what settings are available on the 6m?

Rob

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.