Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2 days back i was driving home when i had to crozz a lane which was very moderately water logged.as i saw many smaller cars passing through very easily i also drove through it. the water was not very deep not even 6inches.after i crossed the water part the car drove for about 200 to 300 meter and just suddenly stopped.
i pushed the car aside and tried to start the car it started as usual with no error in the car bt as soon a i tried to accelerate the car it went of .the strange thing is there was no error code on the car screen also after this i tried for a few more times bt the result was the same it stays on for the time i dont accelerate the car bt as soon as i start to accelerate the car it turns of. also when the car is on there is white smoke coming out of the exhaust . after that i had the car towed to the nearest service center .
today i went to visit the service centre to know what the problem was and he is like asking for 3 to 5 lakh rupees just to open the engine and check i.e. 3lakh to open and check and if there is any problem in the engine then 2 lakh extra for the car repair( which is aproximately 1/3rd of the value of a new car in india).so my question is even if the was has entered the engine and damages it how will the car start . also can there be a possibility of h trying to dupe me of money by just making fake excuses of damage as the car was running just not accelerating .also how can i be sure that there is any damage for sure or not.
please guide me i have a cruse diesel manual model of 2014 bought not more than 6 months back.and please also guide me what does the engine guarentee mean in this respect can it help if there is surely any damage.

·
Super Moderator
5,528 Posts
If the engine ingested water the warranty does not apply.....that is not a defect....it is a failure caused by bad judgement.

Open the airbox and see if it is full of water......if it is relatively dry, but shows sighns of water entrance, replace the air filter.
If a dry type air filter gets wet, the pores close and it prevents airflow.
In the case of a diesel, this will cause the engine to pull oil through its breathers and burn it, causing much smoke.
A restricted filter will also prevent the engine from revving up.

Try a filter.....if it works out, stay out of deep water.....just cause other cars made it through is not a sign that you can too.

Good luck,
Rob

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the guidance sir but the problem i m facing is that the company is saying to replace the complete fuel injection system which i dont is necessary so what do u suggest should i change the service agency or should i confront this guys on the suggestions u have made thanxs

·
Super Moderator
5,528 Posts
Assuming they haven't disassembled anything, take my suggestion and inspect it yourself.....actually, take a new airfilter and install it, then run the car a bit.

I cannot see your car, or hear it......and I am basing my suggestion strictly from your post.
If you have more details that were not posted, share them......but currently, I believe you have a waterlogged air filter.

Rob

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts
Should be covered by your insurance. I'd file a claim if I were you.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts