Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2013 Cruze LTZ was recently serviced with a replacement ECM module by the dealer as my car was not running (had reduced engine power notification) by the time I had it towed to the dealer. My inital diagnostic was completed by my mechanic who discoverd the issue along with 12 other codes that were read from check engine light (my car was still running and driveable but the reduced engine power would come on. Ill cut car off then on then the indication goes away for a few or a day)
My mechanic said he doesn't do work like that and recommended me to the dealer due to their capacity to reprogram my ECM after install . They completed the replacement and reprogramming of the new ECM but my car still did not run and still noted "reduced engine power" on the dashboard. I towed my car from dealer when it wad done and not driving. My personal mechanic sooner after (one day later) replaced my crank shaft sensor and pedal position sensor as he completed another diagnosic which only indicated that I needed my crank shaft and pedal position sensor replaced (the ECM code did not show on this diagnostic as it did on the initial and neither did the other codes that were noted)which finally got my car to run again. Now, a new issue has arisen, where my car jerks when accelerating and idling. My mechanic diagnosed the issue on his machine and the two parts that he replaced indicated that it was not communicating/recognising
With the ECM cpu and that his diagnostic machine was not able to clear the codes to turn-off my check engine light. He said he completed the reset by following the dashboard prompt to open then close driver window.
With all that being said what could be the issue with the jerking when I drive and sit idle? My mechanic said the pedal throttle is working fine and the crank shaft is working and he's saying that the dealership might have to set it ECM)again.
I'm in need of help bc I've spent close to 1k on repairs and my car still not running 100%.
Thank you in advance and I hope I am clear in my explanations and inquiry as I am not a mechanic

·
Super Moderator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red
7,495 Posts
My 2013 Cruze LTZ was recently serviced with a replacement ECM module by the dealer as my car was not running (had reduced engine power notification) by the time I had it towed to the dealer. My inital diagnostic was completed by my mechanic who discoverd the issue along with 12 other codes that were read from check engine light (my car was still running and driveable but the reduced engine power would come on. Ill cut car off then on then the indication goes away for a few or a day)

My mechanic said he doesn't do work like that and recommended me to the dealer due to their capacity to reprogram my ECM after install . They completed the replacement and reprogramming of the new ECM but my car still did not run and still noted "reduced engine power" on the dashboard. I towed my car from dealer when it wad done and not driving.

My personal mechanic sooner after (one day later) replaced my crank shaft sensor and pedal position sensor as he completed another diagnosic which only indicated that I needed my crank shaft and pedal position sensor replaced (the ECM code did not show on this diagnostic as it did on the initial and neither did the other codes that were noted)which finally got my car to run again.

Now, a new issue has arisen, where my car jerks when accelerating and idling. My mechanic diagnosed the issue on his machine and the two parts that he replaced indicated that it was not communicating/recognising With the ECM cpu and that his diagnostic machine was not able to clear the codes to turn-off my check engine light. He said he completed the reset by following the dashboard prompt to open then close driver window.

With all that being said what could be the issue with the jerking when I drive and sit idle? My mechanic said the pedal throttle is working fine and the crank shaft is working and he's saying that the dealership might have to set it ECM)again.

I'm in need of help bc I've spent close to 1k on repairs and my car still not running 100%.
Thank you in advance and I hope I am clear in my explanations and inquiry as I am not a mechanic
Post the codes

·
Registered
186 Posts
As Blasirl said, what are the codes it's throwing?

Sounds like your mechanic is throwing parts at it in hopes that it'll fix it. Time to find a new mechanic.

Was the ECM replaced by the dealership as per your mechanics diagnosis? Or did the dealership diagnose it as an ECM? Have you had the dealership actually diagnose the issue? They're probably better suited for it then your current mechanic.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
484 Posts
The Crankshaft Position Sensor and Pedal Position Sensor need to be re-calibrated using GM's TIS2Web in GDS 2 mode after being replaced. Since your mechanic indicated that he could not reprogram the new ECM, it is very unlikely that he has the means to re-calibrate the sensors either.

IIRC, a standalone GDS 2 scanner such as the Vident iLink400, could also be used to perform the recalibration yourself.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts