Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I start my car, the first time I accelerate past about 20mph the car makes a swoosh or very milk clunk noise (it's hard to put into words). It's a 2016 cruze LT I just bought used with 24k miles on it. If I come to a stop and accelerate through 20 mph again and again during my trip, it doesn't make this noise again. Only when I first start my car and just get moving. What could this be?

·
Registered
635 Posts
When I start my car, the first time I accelerate past about 20mph the car makes a swoosh or very milk clunk noise (it's hard to put into words). It's a 2016 cruze LT I just bought used with 24k miles on it. If I come to a stop and accelerate through 20 mph again and again during my trip, it doesn't make this noise again. Only when I first start my car and just get moving. What could this be?
I'm not sure on your car, they have different components, my cousins 2014 regal gs has this, the dealer told him it was his wastegate going, your car could have been heavily abused before you bought it, however bumper to bumper is 36k miles, I would have the dealer take the car overnight and have someone try to replicate the concern in the morning, that's what he had to do to get it diagnosed

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts
It's not just the Cruze. All GM cars do this somewhere between 20 and 30 Kph immediately after you start the car. Pontiac, Saturn, Chevrolet, Oldsmobile, Cadillac. I'm not sure if the European lines do it, but all the North American "native" models do.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts