Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so my boyfriend hit a deer last night with his 2012 chevy cruze. He is waiting to hear back from insurance about a decision but in the mean time we now have no car and I need to know if I need to go by a car. The passenger side headlight is smashed the hood is bent and does not open the latch under the hood to release it doesnt work. The passenger fender is dented and there was some smoke but we don't see any leaks. We were able to drive it home no issues no check engine lights and at least from inside the car no weird noises. It has 90,500 miles i think. Do you guys think insurance will total it? If so we won't have the money out of pocket to fix it.

·
Premium Member
2013 Cruze 1LT
992 Posts
Likely totaled, needs new hood, bumper, fender and all of them painted at the very least. These cars are just getting too cheap for insurance to make it worth fixing.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Likely totaled, needs new hood, bumper, fender and all of them painted at the very least. These cars are just getting too cheap for insurance to make it worth fixing.
Thank you lol I'm hoping they don't but I was figuring that they would

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
If any airbags went off, I agree itl will likely be totalled. If none did, it's possible they'll fix it

·
Registered
783 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I got a quote from a shop for just the cosmetic damage its at about 4,3k there is damage on the inside but we cant get to it to see what is damages so that price is only gonna go up

·
Registered
783 Posts
I got a quote from a shop for just the cosmetic damage its at about 4,3k there is damage on the inside but we cant get to it to see what is damages so that price is only gonna go up
It's likely totaled then. KBB says it's worth anywhere from $4k-$8k depending on trim and options so you're already over half the max value. I'm going to bet the insurance totals it.

Reactions: Thebigzeus

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It's likely totaled then. KBB says it's worth anywhere from $4k-$8k depending on trim and options so you're already over half the max value. I'm going to bet the insurance totals it.
Lol **** I wasn't really in a position to get a car but I guess I have to. They already called him even tho they said 2-3 days so idk if thats good or bad. He missed the call tho so he has to call tomorrow and see what they said. My buddy that did my quote said his system said 65% loss

·
Super Moderator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red
8,845 Posts
so my boyfriend hit a deer last night with his 2012 chevy cruze. He is waiting to hear back from insurance about a decision but in the mean time we now have no car and I need to know if I need to go by a car. The passenger side headlight is smashed the hood is bent and does not open the latch under the hood to release it doesnt work. The passenger fender is dented and there was some smoke but we don't see any leaks. We were able to drive it home no issues no check engine lights and at least from inside the car no weird noises. It has 90,500 miles i think. Do you guys think insurance will total it? If so we won't have the money out of pocket to fix it.
Ask the body shop if there is any "frame" damage, if they say they don't think so, buy the car for salvage value (probably around $500 and then If you are capable, go to a pick N pull type yard and buy a hood, fender, front fascia, lower grill and a headlight and replace those parts. Pretty much unbolt and replace. If you cannot get matching paint, so what as it will just be a driver anyways at 90k+ miles. If you cannot locate the parts, the front fascia can be had painted for about $250 shipped from MBIauto. I found fenders for about $50 ea and the rest can be picked up here and there. I saw a few for sale ads recently on the forum for parting out Cruzes. Also check craigslist.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Damage looks pretty minor imo. If it's too much of a hassle to get a new car I personally would take the check from the insurance, buy color matched parts at a junkyard and pocket the rest of the money. Who knows they may opt to fix it. But like someone else said it's 50/50, damage isn't bad but these cars aren't worth a whole lot.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Damage looks pretty minor imo. If it's too much of a hassle to get a new car I personally would take the check from the insurance, buy color matched parts at a junkyard and pocket the rest of the money. Who knows they may opt to fix it. But like someone else said it's 50/50, damage isn't bad but these cars aren't worth a whole lot.
Nevermind, I didn't see your other post saying they already totaled it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts