Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all you lovely people,, desperately need your suggestion and advice. my cruze has only done 26000 on clock but recently noticed specially in the morning when i start and try to pull car loose power and starts to sputter.feels like clatch is sleeping and car is stopping, so to stop stalling i rav more so that car does not stall. this only happen for first 5-10 minutes in the morning. after driving for 15 min no issue even if i use the car after 7-8 hours on the same day. only morning strat is the issue. checked battery today at kwickfit and alternator and battery is ok. is this a clatch issue? please guys give me some thoughts.

·
Registered
156 Posts
What year is the vehicle? What engine is in the Cruze Is there any colored smoke? Is there a check engine light?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
many thanks for your reply. no none of the above symptoms. its 2011 reg and ls 1.6. no engine light. had it serviced 7 months ago and only done 3000 km after service. cant find a cause why it should sputter only in the morning and rest of the day all ok. please help.

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts
What are the morning temps? I wonder if the car is leaving open loop mode too quickly.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hi
sorry about the delay in returning to u. what do you mean by open loop??? i have no about that at all. and if its the case how to fix it/// many thanks for your cooperation..

·
Registered
159 Posts
hi
sorry about the delay in returning to u. what do you mean by open loop??? i have no about that at all. and if its the case how to fix it/// many thanks for your cooperation..
The question was what is the temperature been there in the morning? The engine may[/] think its warm to soon and not run correctly

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
What country are you from, 1.6 L is not sold in the USA.

What about your coolant and oil levels, are they going down?

This sound very typical of head gasket leak, leaking coolant into a combustion chamber or even a valve seal leaking oil. Doesn't take very much to foul a spark plug, and that engine will run very rough running on three cylinders. Use to be a very common problem in the US when they first started using aluminum heads. Aluminum expands at seven times the rate of a cast iron block.

Assuming you have a cast iron block and an aluminum head. What kind of powertrain warranty do you have?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts