Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So this has happened twice now. 2013 Chevy Cruze. Less than three years old. 35k miles. I go to get in the car and everything works fine all lights are on. I turn the key and suddenly all the lights go out. Car doesent make clicking noise as if it were a dead battery but otherwise is completely unresponsive. Last night I fixed it somehow. Tried to push start the car (didn't work and just when I was about to give up the screen lit up and I could start the car) but now it doesent seem to be doing anything. Has this happened to anyone else? What do I need to do

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
Around here with some 3,500 gasoline stations reported they have water in the gas and all this rain we have had recently, could also be your problem. Occurs shortly after fuel fillup time.

Happened to me with my motorhome, fortunately I installed an auxiliary electric fuel pump and see through fuel filters, have three batteries for starting and was unlucky enough to get water in both my front and rear gas tanks. Did have a tool box along, had to crawl under, disconnect each fuel line, and yelled to my wife to switch on the electric pump after some instructions.

Had to wait about an hour for the water to settle, she said, don't yell I can hear you, ran the pump until the fuel looked cleaned, if it wasn't for this, would still be stranded along side of the road.

Only idiots would use point contact relays for power switching, us older engineers knew far better. Even telegraph keyers had this problem dating back over 150 years, but were easy to clean. Cruze is and practically all new vehicles are loaded with point contact relays. Just one tiny spec of debris can prevent good contact. One reason us older guys with brains would only use a self cleaning sliding contact.

Having brains is becoming history.

Kids had the same problem, DAD!!! With fuel injected cars and an electric fuel pump brought my fuel pressure tester and a jumper lead along. A lot easier, don't get dirty laying on the ground. Pressure tester has a drain on it with a valve, hot wired the pump, pump out that water, then okay again. These things don't run very well on water.

Not saying this is your problem, but could be. On older vehicles, could pull a spark plug wire to see if you are getting a spark, can't do this anymore. With low voltage on the Cruze, the DIC goes nuts, so does your radio, also had this problem, was the ignition relay with dirty contacts. This was after I soldered my negative battery cable, putting bare copper wire inside of a crimped battery terminal is nothing short of being a complete idiot.

Ever feel like killing a bean counter? Tempting, but the consequences of such an act don't make it worth it. But no harm in thinking quietly about it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts