Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 3 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello
Anyone who can help me thanks you in advances :eusa_clap:

About my car 2014 cruze ltz she has 4,173 miles on her when this happen tonight. I bought her new & it stays in my heated garage. Never driven in the cold or snow too(below freezing). Just in the last weeks I was driving back & forth to NH everything was fine. I just drove her home Sunday late night. Yes I jam the stereo & do have a radar detector plus a dvr camera system. All my extras shut off when car is off.

When I did jump it & it started up(battery pack I used). Now on the DIC says Battery saver active light. :sad010::sad010::sad010:

My voltage was steady at 14.7 - 14.9 on the highway. When I 1st took off it went as low as 13.7 then I shut off fogs & dimmed the interior for the trip. Now the heat wouldn't work when I drove tonight but did when I came home & restarted it. AMEN :eusa_clap: But the battery saver is still on.

Now I need to bring this to the dealers for the 1st oil change & service. Should I ask for a new battery from the dealer? I owned it less than a year. If they tell me kick rocks what should I do? kick back? :angry: LOL I know I will be looking into a over size interstate battery. I am happy that we have such a big battery tray to fit a over size battery.

The only thing I was thinking it could be I was listening to my MP3 player when I parked it & have always left this plugged in from day one. Could this be the problem? MP3 player is a Sony Walkman NWZ E385. My radar & dvr camera is plugged into the 12V car factory plugs.

Last major question can I use the 850 CCA battery for the cruze diesel? or bigger? I see my car has a puny battery. I would like to put the biggest battery that can fit in that car with out blowing it up. There is no corrosion on the battery cables either & sprayed them per reading on this site to do at 128 miles on it.

I really want a 1.21 gigawatts battery https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5cYgRnfFDA :grin:

Thanks again for any help on my issue

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
When I worked at dealers I always had to jump brand new cars. It's not uncommon for batteries to be abused on brand new cars. If I were you I would do my best to get a new battery
Yeah I'm going to ask for that but I think the dealer will say kick rocks. Everything is stock but the Sylvania light I put in the headlight at 128 miles. This is why I got a loaded ltz w/ nav so I didn't have to do anything but appearance. I'm even looking into putting all LED lights inside which should draw less power I THINK. I do auto start almost every time from my phone would this be bad? I knew something was wrong when my phone said failed to start.
Thanks guy

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Thanks everyone for the replies.:eek:ccasion14: This morning it started up no problem & no battery saver thingy on :goodjob:.

I went to a few places this morning & took my cruze instead of my Olds 88. I'm now going to make an appointment with the dealer to have it checked out for the free service. I hope who ever does my oil change don't drip oil all over my clean motor. I will freak out. yes freak out :angry: I don't like where the oil filter location is either but hey engineers know best right:uhh:

Thanks again all

1 - 3 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.