Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my 3M carbon fiber in the mail the other day, so I did my bow-ties today:

20160522_135017.jpg 20160522_134232.jpg 20160522_134042.jpg

·
Registered
61 Posts
wow the front looks perfect! Where did you get them from? i have one coming from mixxeddesigns but have amazon ones on right now. the back is perfect but the front shows a little bit of gold

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just bought the carbon fiber wrap from Amazon. I tried some interior dash pieces at first but I'm not skilled enough to make it look good. The bow ties were super easy, especially with the hot summer sun to soften the vinyl. Took me 5 minutes for each bow tie.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah... Pretty elementary process. Clean the surface, apply the vinyl, and then it's best to use heat and something like a credit card to smooth out any wrinkles. If it's really hot and sunny out (like it was yesterday), you can use natural heat instead of a heat gun.

·
Registered
294 Posts
That looks good I just ordered mine I will be doing the emblems and the interior this weekend Ill take pics.

·
Premium Member
481 Posts
I need to do mine to, the gold looks bad on the Tungsten car... I wanted to buy billet aluminum one like I have on my Tahoe and for my Duramax Silverado, but I can't seem to find billet aluminum emblems for the Cruze... Has anyone seen them, or know of someone that makes them for the Cruze?

Reactions: txcruze26

·
10,712 Posts
I need to do mine to, the gold looks bad on the Tungsten car... I wanted to buy billet aluminum one like I have on my Tahoe and for my Duramax Silverado, but I can't seem to find billet aluminum emblems for the Cruze... Has anyone seen them, or know of someone that makes them for the Cruze?
Believe they stopped making them due to copyright laws

·
Premium Member
481 Posts
Looks good!!!
I received my vinyl wrap from Amazon today and I'm impatient so on my lunch I wrapped my radio bezel I will be doing the emblems this weekend
Believe they stopped making them due to copyright laws
Ya, it was a trademark issue I believe. Some went the trademark route for a while, then the vinyl fad and color/texture availability caught on and that seems to be all anyone is doing now... I ordered some carbon fiber vinyl from ebay this morning... I got a good deal on a 12x50" piece for $6.99 with free shipping. I hope it is decent quality. For the money it is worth the risk...

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I received my vinyl wrap from Amazon today and I'm impatient so on my lunch I wrapped my radio bezel I will be doing the emblems this weekend

I tried doing this, but got too many wrinkles :(

·
Premium Member
481 Posts
I did the Bowties on my Cruze this afternoon. It was pretty easy and only took a few minutes. I let the vinyl heat in the sun before installing it and it seemed to form well to the contours of the Bowties on the trunk and in the grille. I am very happy with the improved looks!!! Cruze-CF-Bowtie-Small.jpg

I may also do the chrome strip on the trunk at some point as well...

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Very nice! Is that strip of chrome in the back removable?

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
It's extremely easy, especially if you do it in the sun.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts