Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those who requested a pic:

Took off my black ones, used a little googone and applied these. They were 100x easier to put on then a flat color - mostly because it hides imperfections but I didn't have any problems with air bubbles at all on this one.

·
Premium Member
4,339 Posts
...warmer temperatures?

·
Lyrical Wordsmith
6,748 Posts
Got mine in the mail today (same exact ones) putting them on tomorrow before work :D. Will also take pics (Metallic black Cruze).

Was going to put them on today but it was sort of cloudy and looked like it was going to rain so..

·
Premium Member
2,859 Posts
Tdot's "RAIN" storms recently stopped and been having some really nice sunny weather lately. Perfect for the bowties to squeeze any air bubbles out!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Not to be the bearer of bad news, but the carbon fiber vinyl turns brown and fades over time. I'd know since my family owns a sign business and my dad made me some custom carbon fiber decals for my Camaro. I have to replace them every year or so. Also, for best application for vinyl, spray the area with windex and use a squeegee to smooth out any air bubbles/push the windex out. The vinyl will stick on no problem and be blemish free.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Also, for best application for vinyl, spray the area with windex and use a squeegee to smooth out any air bubbles/push the windex out. The vinyl will stick on no problem and be blemish free.
Windex contains ammonia which will break down the adhesive. Also, there are two different lines of CF vinyl within the 3M family. The di-noc is an architectural product that is not intended for automotive use. I do not use this vinyl.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.