Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

Carpet/floorboard/floor removal including center console Chevy Cruze 2017 Lt, Gen2

882 Views 8 Replies 3 Participants Last post by  IGadget
First post on here not sure if this is the right place to put it.

I’ve been working on putting in an audio system but I’m having trouble finding a tutorial on how to take out the carpet. I already removed both front seats and the rear seat. As I understand it I need to remove the center console in order to take the carpet out but I have only been able to find tutorials on that for gen 1 models and they seems slightly different than the gen 2.

If you can post a link to a tutorial or just explain how to do it I’d be very grateful.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
35 Posts
the rubber stuff is anti-vibration, it so it acts like sound deadening for the panel in a vibration sense, but it doesn't do much to prevent interior sound reflection from the surface if that is what you trying to reduce.

You definitely want to leave it, And if it is between two surfaces, dont separate them. If you stuff is a pad of some kind, I'd go right over it. If its some kind of coating, check with the maker of it. Also make sure to check for drip holes and cover them before spraying so what you are spraying doesn't plug the holes.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts