Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

Carpet/floorboard/floor removal including center console Chevy Cruze 2017 Lt, Gen2

884 Views 8 Replies 3 Participants Last post by  IGadget
First post on here not sure if this is the right place to put it.

I’ve been working on putting in an audio system but I’m having trouble finding a tutorial on how to take out the carpet. I already removed both front seats and the rear seat. As I understand it I need to remove the center console in order to take the carpet out but I have only been able to find tutorials on that for gen 1 models and they seems slightly different than the gen 2.

If you can post a link to a tutorial or just explain how to do it I’d be very grateful.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Administrator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red, 1.4T Auto
14,165 Posts
First post on here not sure if this is the right place to put it.

I’ve been working on putting in an audio system but I’m having trouble finding a tutorial on how to take out the carpet. I already removed both front seats and the rear seat. As I understand it I need to remove the center console in order to take the carpet out but I have only been able to find tutorials on that for gen 1 models and they seems slightly different than the gen 2.

If you can post a link to a tutorial or just explain how to do it I’d be very grateful.
I logged back in just to post this link, but I do not think we have what you want. So maybe as you figure this out, take some picture's and write up a tutorial for us.

Gen2 DIY Tutorial Library

How-To: Write a Tutorial

· Administrator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red, 1.4T Auto
14,165 Posts
I about to apply sound deadening but can’t figure out what this stuff is. It seems to be applied where you would want sound deadening to be applied including in the spare tire well. My guess is that it’s a cheap way for the factory to do sound deadening. If anyone could let me know that’d be great because I’m worried my sound deadening material won’t stick that well on it or if it’s even worth putting over it. View attachment 299774
View attachment 299773
View attachment 299772
I am not an audio guy, but my gut instinct tells me to leave the factory sound deadener and supplement around it. No need to apply over it either.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts