Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Picked up my '13 Cruze LT almost 2 weeks ago and have had no time to do anything to it yet, but i've ordered a few things and have alot of things in mind i want to get done in the near future as well as further down the road, so i figured i'd conform and start a build thread to see what y'all think. I can only work on it like once a week, so as i said this will be a casual build.

Weekend Projects:
K&N Intake - Installed
VG Sharkfin - Ordered
Debadge - 'Cruze', 'LT' and both 'RS''s - Done
PlastiDip/Gloss - Starting with front and back bow-ties, then all the Chrome, and Rims. (Thoughts?)
Remove Front License Bracket - Need to drill out rivets, paint match, and paint plugs.
Re-Gap Spark Plugs

Future Work:
Trifecta Tune
Tints - 20% all around
Red Fog Lights
Korean Sunglass Case
Passenger Sun Visor License Plate Pocket (After illegal tints)

Hopes n Dreams:
Wheels/Tires - "Summer Set", and utilizing stock wheels/tires as "Winter Set"
Sound System - Amp, Sub, Box.
Roof Rack? - I Like the look, but havn't seen many Cruze's with one

Here she is as she sits;

Cruze Angle.jpg Cruze Back.jpg Cruze Interior.jpg Cruze Front.jpg

·
Premium Member
2,821 Posts
Congrats on your new LT and welcome! Looks like you are off to a great start on modifying your Cruze!

·
Premium Member
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Like i said, last night found time to debadge the trunk and just kept going and installed the intake. I did not expect the results i heard from just an intake...nice deep 'exhaust' with a beautiful sneeze when shifting. I was like a giddy school boy. Heres the pics.

I also was informed by Dip order was delayed, so HOPEFULLY it comes in this weekend, but it's not looking too good.

Cruze Debadge.jpg Cruze Intake 2.jpg Cruze Intake.jpg

·
Resident Derp
2,815 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Good looking build, as for your "dilemma" on a roof rack:

http://www.cruzetalk.com/forum/14-chevrolet-cruze-media/25130-glamor-shots.html

Only costs $300 for the rack, $90-100 for the fairing, and $140 for the carrier. Decent chunk of money sure, but the looks/functionality is well worth it.
Thanks Smurf, i like them both alot, looks great. I was looking into Thule racks as well. But as it states, this is such a casual build thread, i doubt ill make moves that big for a while...*** **** student loans...

·
Premium Member
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
My smartphone was dead for a while so i couldn't upload pics. Sorry for the long delay; Since the last post i Blacked out all the chrome trim, both bowties, Red LED'd the interior, and Red LED'd the license plate lights. Here are a few snaps, once spring gets here i have a list of things i AM getting done; 20% tints, red caliper paint, upper rear windshield lip, MTF swap, and interior silver/chrome trim painted red. Look out for me in a few months!

Crz Angle.jpg Crz Back.jpg Crz Fog.jpg Crz Front.jpg

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Funny you mention that Trevor...i was all pumped and ready to buy the 18" Tenzo TZ7's in Matte Black from CarID. CarID told me they fit my model, however as i kept researching and they do not. And i don't like any of the 18" wheels for the Cruze. So maybe down the line if more come out? For now i'm planning on dipping them black in the spring maybe.

·
Premium Member
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Just got my tax return in the mail today :wavetowel2:(It was my first year with a big boy check). Planning and beginning to order my spring lineup of mods, unfortunately spring up here won't be until the end of march where it'll be warm enough to work outside comfortably.

So here are my plans for the upcoming few months;
- MTF Swap (next week)
- Re-dip the bowties, chrome, and rims (not my best job the first time)
- Dip the interior silver trim (center console, dash circles, speaker circles) to a Red
- Re-gap my spark plugs to .035 (or buy the copper plugs everyone is raving about)
- Paint the calipers red
- 20% tints all around (contemplating adding the brow)
- Upper window lip (Dawn® - Chevy Cruze 2011-2014 Custom Style Rear Roofline Spoiler)
- Resonator Bypass
- Paint/Plug holes from stupid license plate bracket
- Rear license plate cover (clear vs smoke???)
- Install PDIM for bluetooth music capability
- Maybe a Big 3 kit? (i dont have a system, so no true reason?)
- New filter for my K&N SRI

All in all it wont be too big of a chunk of money, lots of learning experiences.

I would really appreicate everyone's input, ideas, opinions, critiques, etc of my plans.

·
Premium Member
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Finally a nice day up in New England; got around to swapping out the OEM spark plugs for the NGK Coppers (BKR7E). Was amazed how simple it was. Kind of ripped a boot in the process, it still has a seal, but i may want to fix that soon. These are the gaps of the plugs (from right to left looking at the bay); .01, .027, .025, .026. I don't know what was up w/ that right one...Gapped em all to .034.

·
Premium Member
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Another nice weekend; Re-dipped all the chrome to black, bowties to black, and this time i did the lip black as well. Also dipped the interior trim and speaker rings to red (forgot about the gauge cluster, so mad, finished what was left of the red can).

I also got the bluetooth PDIM installed and it works/sounds beautiful.

Was supposed to get 20%s thrown all around on Sunday, but noone ever showed up at the garage...I'll reschedule for next weekend or the weekend after.

I'll post pics tomorrow, my Android to Mac file transfer has been shifty recently and won't work.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts