Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car is just over year old now and I wanted to add something else to accompany my new [email protected] intake. I'm under the impression it won't affect the performance without a tune, but have decided to get an exhaust. Originally I wanted downpipe as I have heard this is where the most power is. I however, can't take a chance voiding the warranty-and wouldn't be able to handle the engine light always on. I called Flowmaster tech support and they told me the Dbx muffler would best accommodate the 1.4 turbo motor. Does anyone have either a Dbx or a cat back intake combo, or any insight to above descriptions? Pictures/device....anything will be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
206 Posts
My car is just over year old now and I wanted to add something else to accompany my new [email protected] intake. I'm under the impression it won't affect the performance without a tune, but have decided to get an exhaust. Originally I wanted downpipe as I have heard this is where the most power is. I however, can't take a chance voiding the warranty-and wouldn't be able to handle the engine light always on. I called Flowmaster tech support and they told me the Dbx muffler would best accommodate the 1.4 turbo motor. Does anyone have either a Dbx or a cat back intake combo, or any insight to above descriptions? Pictures/device....anything will be greatly appreciated!
If you're goal is performance, then forget the cat-back exhaust and get a DP and a performance tune, tell them to also make it ignore the expected oxygen sensor CEL. If you're goal is the illusion of performance, get that cat-back exhaust for sure.

Cat-back exhaust cost per hp gain = $2,300 per hp... a bit of sarcasm, okay let's pretend it gives you 5 hp, it's still $160 per hp.

Downpipe + tune cost per hp gain = $14 per hp

1 - 4 of 4 Posts