Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There is a cat in my neighborhood that likes to crawl around on the hood of my car. If it were not for all the scratches (some through the paint) on the hood and roof, I would not care. Obviously this would bother anyone who values their well cared for possessions. This cat has no collar, I've been around my townhouse complex and nearby homes around the block asking for the owner but no one says they have an outside cat that fits this cat's description. Given my due-diligence I assume the next best action would be trapping the cat and turning it over to the SPCA because it is a stray. Any experience with getting rid of stray animals?

·
Premium Member
4,147 Posts
I know the problem, only my daughter owns the cat and I am stuck with it as she can't have it where she lives, sigh.

·
Premium Member
25,596 Posts
Get a largish live animal trap and bait it with cheap cat food. I've had to do this in the past.

·
Registered
274 Posts
I would call the your local animal control office for their advice. They will either deal with the cat for you or give you your options. A have-a-heart trap is probably a good, viable option, but I would check local ordinances and make sure there are no skunks, opossum or raccoons in your area!

Shooting a cat is a FELONY. To suggest it here (even in jest) is a bit disturbing.

·
Premium Member
25,596 Posts
OK - no shooting or poisoning the cats. Live traps and animal control are sufficient.

·
Premium Member
6,917 Posts
For the next week go for walks at night and place canned cat food on peoples door steps or their cars at least a few blocks from your house.... suspect that cat will move away on their own.

·
Super Moderator
5,180 Posts
I hate to say, at least yours were caused by an animal and not your own stupidity! Tonight somehow, I going to leave my garage, when backing up, I am looking at my garage door coming down on my trunk. If that weren't bade enough, it just caught the end of my lip spoiler as it was coming down and it took the paint off @ 10 inches of the lip spoiler. Unless I pointed it out, I would say most people would not notice the "blemish" Good thing when I picked the car up 2 years ago, I bought some touch up paint! So I was able to cover up the white scratch. It will undoubtedly, be one of those things I will "fester about". I was afraid of it being more damage so I guess it's not all that bad.

·
10,712 Posts
The 1st few posts I was sure someone was going to post the Ford Ka banned commercial.

Just be careful as the trap can trap a bunch of other animals. We have a random stray that people tried to catch and ended up causing a bunch more animals to pop up on us here on night shift than normal. I take it your local animal control can be of best help in this situation as stated a few time above.

·
Premium Member
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for all the tips. I just realized that I posted in the appearance/detailing section, sorry about being slightly off topic here! I've already thought of the more exotic methods of animal control, they do entertain the mind but would cause some undesirable consequences. I've inquired with the right group, sounds like they will be willing to trap the wandering cat.

Reactions: obermd

·
Banned
1,067 Posts
Trap the cat and FedEx it to another continent so it cant find its way home?

·
Premium Member
759 Posts
I have a post with this issue already if you want to use the search bar for it, there are plenty of Idea's in there.

·
Premium Member
5,535 Posts
Believe it or not most or all of the claw marks likely will polish out......when clear coat gets a claw scratch it leaves a white line in the clear.
All that aside, try this......best on a dirty car.

If you see the cat on the car, press the horn button on your remote.....the freaked feline will bolt.
You will have to do do this a couple of times before it figures out its presence makes for a noisey seat.

Works for anyone I've recommended it too......hope you have the same good fortune......then you can get the marks polished off.

Rob

·
Registered
26 Posts
Believe it or not most or all of the claw marks likely will polish out......when clear coat gets a claw scratch it leaves a white line in the clear.
All that aside, try this......best on a dirty car.

If you see the cat on the car, press the horn button on your remote.....the freaked feline will bolt.
You will have to do do this a couple of times before it figures out its presence makes for a noisey seat.

Works for anyone I've recommended it too......hope you have the same good fortune......then you can get the marks polished off.

Rob
That is one good advise Robby... Will try it out and see what happens.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts