Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

catless downpipe concerns

2262 Views 13 Replies 7 Participants Last post by  Johno1412
I am planning on modifying my exhaust; my plan is to buy the zzp catless downpipe and bolt in an exhaust cutout on the stock midpipe. If the primary catalytic converter is removed will the secondary catalytic converter be able to handle the extra chemicals or will it clog soon? If clogging turns out to be a common problem I will get the zzp midpipe that has the catalytic converter. Thanks for the help :)

referenced parts
downpipe
Cruze Mid Pipe 1.4L
midpipe
O2 Housing/Downpipe 1.4L
exhaust cutout
Summit Racing SUM-670211 Summit Racing® Complete Electric Exhaust Cutout Kits | Summit Racing
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
201 Posts
I have the ZZP catless downpipe and their mid pipe with a cat in case of inspections. Zero problems and have had them on for about 30,000 miles. Keep in mind I am tuned so I don’t have to use any O2 extensions

· COTM Winner
2012 Cruze LTZ 1989 StarQuest 2004 TrialBlazer EXT
896 Posts
I have the catless downpipe and stock midpipe currently, tuned with the ZZP ported V3 Turbo and no issues yet..i think ive had this setup together for about 2 months now

· Administrator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red, 1.4T Auto
14,181 Posts
I am planning on modifying my exhaust; my plan is to buy the zzp catless downpipe and bolt in an exhaust cutout on the stock midpipe. If the primary catalytic converter is removed will the secondary catalytic converter be able to handle the extra chemicals or will it clog soon? If clogging turns out to be a common problem I will get the zzp midpipe that has the catalytic converter. Thanks for the help :)

referenced parts
downpipe
Cruze Mid Pipe 1.4L
midpipe
O2 Housing/Downpipe 1.4L
exhaust cutout
Summit Racing SUM-670211 Summit Racing® Complete Electric Exhaust Cutout Kits | Summit Racing
Can you take a picture of what you are calling the second cat? I only have one on my 2014 Cruze.

· Administrator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red, 1.4T Auto
14,181 Posts
You definitely have two if stock exhaust. It’s further back on the midpipe.
I have (had) a resonator there, not a second cat. I still have it in a box somewhere.

· COTM Winner
896 Posts
mid pipe has a second cat.. the resonator it after that . unless they changed something in 2014 . this is the only image i can find quickly at the moment.. mine has #12 (a cat) as part of the midpipe.

Reactions: Thebigzeus

· COTM Winner
896 Posts
Primary Cat secondary cat :p

Reactions: Blasirl
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.