Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my Cruze back together and am looking to get some more HP and a bit more aggressive sound out of her. Her name is Gretta by the way. But I don't want to sacrifice MPG. Thinking of building a catless downpipe and adding a cold air intake plus a tune to support the mods. While I had her apart putting pistons in her, I removed the intake runner damns as well. Just looking to see if losing the cat in the downpipe is going to cost me MPG. Thanks in advance for thought and such.

2011 Cruze ECO Manual.
80,450 miles Pistons where replace
80,950 miles now
34 MPG calculated at 75 mph Expressway
90% expressway Commute

·
Registered
88 Posts
Just got my Cruze back together and am looking to get some more HP and a bit more aggressive sound out of her. Her name is Gretta by the way. But I don't want to sacrifice MPG. Thinking of building a catless downpipe and adding a cold air intake plus a tune to support the mods. While I had her apart putting pistons in her, I removed the intake runner damns as well. Just looking to see if losing the cat in the downpipe is going to cost me MPG. Thanks in advance for thought and such.

2011 Cruze ECO Manual.
80,450 miles Pistons where replace
80,950 miles now
34 MPG calculated at 75 mph Expressway
90% expressway Commute

I know you have a first gen cruze and I have a 2nd gen but on mine I have a downpipe cat and a midpipe cat. I removed my midpipe cat and I actually noticed a 1-2 mpg increase in just a day. I can't say how different it will be with yours but wouldn't it improve it since its less restrictive? I did have a resonator and muffler delete prior so it did help.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the input. 1st gens have 2 cats as well. I guess it would be easier to omit the mid pipe cat. Then I wouldn't have to get a tune to get rid of a check engine light. Maybe I'll try thank first. Thanks:)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts