Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody know if zzp or other any other companies are working on a catless downpipe and mid-pipe for the second gen?

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hopefully it's not loud without both cats whilst keeping the stock resonator and muffler.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I gutted the cats and the exhaust volume is not even noticeable with the stock resonator and muffler. I'm very pleased with the results.

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
What a crazy country, legal to manufacture and sell cat bypass kits, but if you are caught installing one, $40,000.00 fine by the EPA.

Still okay to drive a 57 Chevy without a cat, it came from the factory without one.

Could also install a bypass it in pre OBD I vehicles, because this is the only way you could properly tune them, but when done, that cat had to go back on.

·
Administrator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red
12,124 Posts
I gutted the cats and the exhaust volume is not even noticeable with the stock resonator and muffler. I'm very pleased with the results.
I might have missed it, but whats the point if you are not trying to change the exhaust note aside from adding more pollution?

·
Premium Member
1,372 Posts
I might have missed it, but whats the point if you are not trying to change the exhaust note aside from adding more pollution?
Spool faster.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Also less back pressure let's the compressor be more efficient and lowers iat's which in tern means you can increase ignition timing (torque) and lean out the air fuel ratio. Gains all around.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts